Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covid restrictions blocking Tesla Mobile Service in NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone in NB got their mobile service cancelled today due to WorkSafeNB denying Tesla access to the province. Mobile service has come to NB a number of times over the past year, but I just got a text saying they have been denied entry.

Trying to figure out options. If I can drive to Amherst and get the car worked on and then drive back without having to isolate for two weeks.

Hello, this is Tesla service. we unfortunately need to move your service date for your vehicle. We were informed by New-Brunswick Public safety that our trip to your region was denied due to Covid restriction. Please note that the new date won't be confirmed as we are trying to make arrangement with Public safety for a tentative visit in April. The service visit will still be active in your Tesla app so we keep visibility of your request . If you have any question don't hesitate to reply to this message. Thank you for your understanding

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
That's weird, but sadly not surprising. The NB guidelines on this are confusing and I think even those enforcing are confused. I would think the tech would be considered an "essential worker" since they're doing auto repair, and the last I understood they didn't even have to self-isolate or isolate on return to NS. Not to mention they're actually discussing reintroducing the "Maritime Bubble" again.

• Helpful
That's weird, but sadly not surprising. The NB guidelines on this are confusing and I think even those enforcing are confused. I would think the tech would be considered an "essential worker" since they're doing auto repair, and the last I understood they didn't even have to self-isolate or isolate on return to NS. Not to mention they're actually discussing reintroducing the "Maritime Bubble" again.
He IS classed as an essential worker. It’s EXCEEDINGLY weird for this to be occurring.
I’ll bring it up at the monthly EVAAC meeting tonite and see what we can learn.

In classic me fashion, I zoned out and missed the meeting altogether. X.X

I’ll put it up in the Facebook group and see what I can get there.

I did think of something though. Cody is the local Ranger and hasn’t had issues with traveling, I wonder if a Quebec Ranger was supposed to roll on down to help him out and that tech got shutdown.

Reactions: gforce2002
If someone is talking with Cody, please tell him he should keep trying and talk to someone else. This department is immensely unorganized. As a dealer myself, I had to take a vehicle recently to NS (last week). It took submitting 3 different applications, talking to probably 5 or 6 different people to get it sorted out because every person I talked to had a different understanding of the rules. Before the first app was submitted and every time after it was resubmitted, I talked to someone who told me what they wanted to see on it, only for it to be submitted per their own instructions and then rejected the next day. I had two applications for two different people sent in identical and within 30 seconds received two rejects back both with different requirements... In the end, they approved it but accidentally put that I had to quarantine, then had to get their supervisor to remove the quarantine order the next day. Then after the trip, they still called me and asked if I was quarantining because their paperwork said I was supposed to. Anyway, the point is, whoever denied this is wrong, they just honestly have no clue what they're doing. He just needs to talk to someone else and he'll get it sorted out.

I did think of something though. Cody is the local Ranger and hasn’t had issues with traveling, I wonder if a Quebec Ranger was supposed to

No, I believe it was him directly. However I'm not sure if the paperwork was just not submitted in time or with the correct information. The worst part is I've been waiting since Jan 25th for service. I wish there was mobile service based here, but obviously not enough customers.

No, I believe it was him directly. However I'm not sure if the paperwork was just not submitted in time or with the correct information. The worst part is I've been waiting since Jan 25th for service. I wish there was mobile service based here, but obviously not enough customers.
Yeah, the EVAAC crew confirmed it was Cody that got his trip shutdown.

It’s not the first time he’s had to fight the bureaucracy, so I doubt he’ll give up this time. At one point while he and I were talking, he related that he’d had to submit plans three weeks in advance, only to have those plans lost after they were submitted, while he knew of other companies submitting plans the day of their travel and they’d get approved. -.- Just a big mess.