Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CP0 "normal wear and tear" question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We transfered our deposit and got a 2015 P90D. The CPO manager sent me actual pics of the car today. As you can imagine this isn't cheap car by any means. close to 100k.

The driver side lumbar has some leather rubbed off and the whole seam shows a lot of wear. He said they won't fix it as its under normal wear and tear. What is everyone's opunion/thoughts.

Can I buy a while seat cover oem Next Gen.
20170217_164645.jpg
8808.jpeg
20170217_164546.jpg

These are normal used car issues. Leather seats are really resistant to stains and smells, but show wear very fast if not cared for. You may need to see it in person and if it bothers you, look for another model with better seats. Or buy new, which is a heavy premium to avoid some worn seats.

Alternatively, ask how much more for a new set of seats. Maybe that's the trick.

I agree that this seems a bit much... Hopefully, you won't have to go that route but there are new front next gen seats for sale on here, deeper in that thread, FYI

NEW Tesla Model S Rear Seat Premium Black

Also, you may want to ask if someone in the regional threads here would be willing to do a friendly PPI on your behalf, i.e. swing by the service center and have an "impartial" look at the car/take pics and videos. Just s thought.

We transfered our deposit and got a 2015 P90D. The CPO manager sent me actual pics of the car today. As you can imagine this isn't cheap car by any means. close to 100k.

The driver side lumbar has some leather rubbed off and the whole seam shows a lot of wear. He said they won't fix it as its under normal wear and tear. What is everyone's opunion/thoughts. Can I buy a while seat cover oem Next Gen.View attachment 215285 View attachment 215286 View attachment 215287

It appears that you may be out of luck if the CPO agreement specifies specific wear is acceptable ... see below :cool:

Your agreement specifies the CPO wear requirements.
Mine said no damage greater than 3/8", no inner material visible, and no excessive contact wear.
Some contact wear is allowed, so you would need to argue this was excessive.

Reactions: Indpowr
I've been worried about how the seats are going to hold up over time, and it looks like not very well is the answer. Bummer. Hope you can get the seat replaced before you sign on the dotted line. I would love to get into a P100 so if your CPO doesn't work out, send me a PM.