Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CP_A103 Error (Unable to charge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - sharing this in case anyone else runs into this error...

Was in the car driving up to my in-laws when the car threw the above error. Screen said charging maybe unavailable.

Because my drive was going to be too long round trip without charging we stopped at a SC to see if the car would charge and of course it didn’t. We made the decision to turn around and head home before we would need a tow. En route I called Tesla roadside and they saw the error as well and said my only option was a tow.

Once I got home, I tried to troubleshoot the issue myself and what I found was that there are 3 bolts holding the charging receptacle on the car. One bolt was completely detached, and the other 2 were loose. I did notice that the charging port didn’t feel right the last couple of weeks. Once I tightened everything up, the car is now charging again.

I am happy that I was a bale to avoid being towed or driving to the service center with minimal battery.

I took a couple of pictures hoping they show what I had to do.

Attachments

• E348175B-7844-4175-B5E7-9C31ED865FDB.jpeg
    E348175B-7844-4175-B5E7-9C31ED865FDB.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 915
  • 424C3CA0-1836-4DD7-9BDA-B447CDAF4A05.jpeg
    424C3CA0-1836-4DD7-9BDA-B447CDAF4A05.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 739
  • 97EAC2DE-8BB9-4FAA-8482-4A7FE7332874.jpeg
    97EAC2DE-8BB9-4FAA-8482-4A7FE7332874.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 717
Thanks for your post and sharing. It's always nice troubling-shooting and fixing the problem yourself. :)

Did you pull the inside panel to get access to the 3 bolts?

Hey guys - sharing this in case anyone else runs into this error...

Was in the car driving up to my in-laws when the car threw the above error. Screen said charging maybe unavailable.

Because my drive was going to be too long round trip without charging we stopped at a SC to see if the car would charge and of course it didn’t. We made the decision to turn around and head home before we would need a tow. En route I called Tesla roadside and they saw the error as well and said my only option was a tow.

Once I got home, I tried to troubleshoot the issue myself and what I found was that there are 3 bolts holding the charging receptacle on the car. One bolt was completely detached, and the other 2 were loose. I did notice that the charging port didn’t feel right the last couple of weeks. Once I tightened everything up, the car is now charging again.

I am happy that I was a bale to avoid being towed or driving to the service center with minimal battery.

I took a couple of pictures hoping they show what I had to do.