Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 2014 P85D or 2016 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long do you plan to keep the car?
Having 18 month of additional warranty may be interesting.
The P85D is very very fast, the 90D is more than fast enough.

Going new and chose the options you want has some value too.

For the same price I would go with the 2016 if the wait is not too long.

Note:
We sold our 2014 to get a 2015 D with autopilot. Quality improvements are noticeable. We are really happy that we did upgrade.

How long do you plan to keep the car?
Having 18 month of additional warranty may be interesting.
The P85D is very very fast, the 90D is more than fast enough.

Going new and chose the options you want has some value too.

For the same price I would go with the 2016 if the wait is not too long.

Note:
We sold our 2014 to get a 2015 D with autopilot. Quality improvements are noticeable. We are really happy that we did upgrade.

The p85d has all the options I wanted in the new car. Any interior build quality differences? Creaks etc?

The colors and options of the P85D are great, I would choose them on the new car.

Only concern is that creaks and stuff may exist. I've heard on the newest models, it is mostly all gone. Thoughts?

Again, same price for new 90D and 2014 P85D.

You might want to get some insurance quotes as well. When shopping around recently, a friend found insurance for a P85 would've cost him several thousand dollars more per year than a non-P model. The non-P would only be slightly more expensive than his current Ford Fusion.

You might want to get some insurance quotes as well. When shopping around recently, a friend found insurance for a P85 would've cost him several thousand dollars more per year than a non-P model. The non-P would only be slightly more expensive than his current Ford Fusion.

How can I do that without the VIN?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, used the VIN on a P85D I found on a used car dealer site. Progressive quoted me for the same amount. Weird, you'd figure the insurance should be higher on a P85D going from an 85.

It has the next gen rear seats. They aren't that bad right?

Same dilemna as you, P85D vs 85D.
It was also a green CPO whose color I preferred and couldn't get anymore on a new one so I went for the green P85D CPO.
The rear NextGen seats clutter up your rear view mirror visibility more than the regular rear seats...but that's also what I have and happily living with it.

One BIG difference, currently, you can NOT get an extended warranty on CPOs!!!
So you have the four years/50K miles bumper2bumper + 8 years unlimited millage motor/battery but you won't be able to extend the bumper2bumper portion.
If you're planning on keeping it longer than four years AND normally buy extended warranty for your cars, CPO is not the best choice!

Now whether the extended warranty is worth it is another debate and a matter of personal taste...and there are plenty of other TMC threads on just that debate! :)