Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 2017 Model S; 800 Miles; was this a good deal? missed it

Good Deal?

• Yes you missed out - stop overthinking

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • NO - keep eyes peeled

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey while I was pondering - this car sold in a heartbeat. But at the end of the day was it really a good deal?

Original purchase order was $74.5K; minus the tax rebate in California nets $64.5K; not including depreciation; My thought is since the car was actually delivered you have to take depr into the equation. Either way - somebody else got it first so no use crying over spilled milk I just wanted to test my logic here.

Also given the delivery date; it does not come with free supercharging for the life of the car.

upload_2018-2-8_11-7-28.png

Found it:

1. Solid Black Paint
  2. Multi-Pattern Black Seats
  3. 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
  4. Glass Roof
  5. Dark Ash Wood Décor
  6. Dark Headliner
  7. Autopilot Hardware
  8. Smart Air Suspension
  9. Keyless Entry
  10. Power Liftgate
  11. GPS Enabled Homelink

If you want a good deal:
  • check Tesla's Inventory and CPO listings
  • BE PATIENT
If you want a GREAT deal,:
  • know EXACTLY what options you HAVE to have... what options you'd LIKE to have... and your budget
  • check Tesla's Inventory and CPO listings frequently (at least once a day)
  • subscribe to EV-CPO Hunter: EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings TMC user HankLloydRight was awesome helping us find our "perfect match" Tesla
  • frequently check the TMC Forum's cars for sale section
  • find a great Tesla Owner Associate ("OA")
  • frequently contact your Tesla OA so they keep your requirement fresh in their mind. Squeaky wheel gets the grease
  • bring them an exotic craft beer or wine at least once a month to keep you "at the front of the class"
  • respond to EVERY inventory and CPO listing your OA sends QUICKLY... and give them consistent SPECIFIC reasons why you're passing on each one so they know YOU know what you want
  • act FAST when you see the Tesla you want. FAST = MINUTES. Time kills deals...
  • BE REALLY PATIENT. Our search for our Tesla "unicorn" was 18+ months... and absolutely worth the wait
We went a step further and put a $5,000 deposit with Tesla for a new car but never completed the order process... so we had a deposit already with Tesla. When our fully loaded "unicorn" 2015 P85D int eh exact colors we wanted became available, we hooked it up within minutes of it coming on Tesla's "inventory". Tesla can transfer your deposit to one of their cars quickly and easily. Credit card deposits take longer which could cost you a deal while some other Tesla buyer like me "snipes" it out from under you.

YMMV

Prices seem to vary a LOT lately. The cars, new and used, are flying out of the inventory immediately. Last fall I went to our svc and they hadn’t had any loaners for over a week so they had to order some direct from the factory. I drove a brand new, 11 miles on it, P100D Model X with the Saran Wrap just removed as a loaner. It was so new that the Autopilot didn’t function for a long time because it had to calibrate. I may be wrong, but it seems like people are so desperate for a Tesla right now that not everyone is concerned with how they’re equipped or the price....they just want the car and that’s why they’re disappearing so fast.