TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CPO 60kWh : Supercharging standard even if used car wasn't already enabled

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SmartElectric, Apr 23, 2015.

1. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

A fellow poster said this:

CPO Tesla on the way, can't wait!!!

This will make some (many?) CPO 60kWh cars more valuable than the original, with extended warranty and supercharging.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

This honestly makes a lot of sense. Tesla should activate every feature that was software-limited when they are running the cars through CPO for resale. I would expect the same down the road when Autopilot-capable but not enabled cars are put though CPO for resale.

3. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

agreed, makes more sense to put the parts on the car at the factory if the car is reliable because even if it isn't a CPO some owner down the road might enable.

4. lolgas

lolgas Member

Yup that was me who posted that, I'll definitely verify prior to accepting delivery....

5. tga

tga Active Member

I was told last week by one of the sales guys at Natick that all CPO 60's will come with supercharging enabled.

6. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

In case anyone else hasn't the faintest idea what this thread is about... CPO = Certified Pre-Owned. MW

7. Adm

Adm Active Member

Mmm, they could also turn a 40 into a 60 and make an extra buck there. Too bad for Tesla there are not that many around.

8. taurusking

taurusking Member

So expect more cars at Supercharging centers:confused:

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I would describe this as recovering not generating. My recollection is they just ate the profit impact of delivering 60 kWh batteries to 40 kWh vehicle customers.