Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 85D, new to me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked out my CPO and picked it up this morning. Debated forever between a used S and new 3. In the end, the 3 just felt too small since Im a bigger dude.

I heard all sorts of horror stories about the CPO program but it couldnt have gone smoother. I found one EV-CPO since most of yall recommended it. However it was in CA and since Im in Houston, they were able to direct me to a newer and much nicer car for around the same price.

The 3rd party photos were VERY detailed so I knew exactly what I was getting. Spend about an hour inside and out, crawling around looking underneath. 1 small 1" scratch on the rear door and a couple of minor scraps on the nose's underside and that was it!

Spent 30 min or so playing around as the car charged and I was on my way.

Yes, it doesnt have AP 2.5, but it has alot of other bells and whistles. I played with the AP a bit, but it was raining hard and I dont really know what Im in for just yet.

Now if only I didnt have to work and could just play around on the forum and in the car....

Congratulations! I've had my 85D about a week now. I'm glad to read about another smooth transaction. EV-CPO was probably the smoothest part of my transaction. Tesla, not so much but we got the deal done. Now you can start looking for all of the great accessories you've got to have! I found some on this forum.

I need to get off this site for a while. I have already spent so much money in my head....

You can't. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Maybe a suggestion or something I missed on the site - location. Maybe I just missed it, but Tesla doesnt always have the location on their website.
Dont know if that is something you can get from them, but it would be helpful!

Over the last couple of weeks Tesla has started to include location again on most cars listed, and EV-CPO reflects this. You may need to go to the "Column Selector" to add the "Location" column.

upload_2018-10-23_17-47-48.png

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
It literally could not have been easier. Did everything online and was in and out in an hour. Most of that time was spent looking for flaws the car did not have.

That is going to be me! so seriously the photos (the drop box ones) were all you saw and you were okay with it.
I mean this is not just another handbag .... have to get over that and have trust in system. So far yet no luck in my area on what I want. Checking daily (lie, checking few times a day!)

That is going to be me! so seriously the photos (the drop box ones) were all you saw and you were okay with it.
I mean this is not just another handbag .... have to get over that and have trust in system. So far yet no luck in my area on what I want. Checking daily (lie, checking few times a day!)

Yup. The photos were done by a 3rd party and I went in as skeptical as I could be. I had no problem walking out (as hard as it would have been) without a car. I went through it with a fine toothed comb and even got down on my stomach with a flashlight to look under the car. I need to track down the previous owner and buy him a drink or 20 for keeping the car looking so good!