Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO accident before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP1 2015 cars next year going for the same price.. likely much less. And they won't have 65,000 miles.

Just wait for the tons of lease returns that will take place next year:
- 36 month lease cars sold in 2015
- 24 month lease cars sold in 2016

Then you add model 3... and model X...

It's gonna be a bloodbath folks.

It was $46500.

P85+ 2013
Tech package
Pano roof
Air suspension
Performance plus package
Carbon fiber spoiler
21" staggered wheels
Dual chargers

After we found out the front end is damaged, they offered $43500.

Only thing I'm concerned about is the resale value in case we want to sell or upgrade later on. They said it will be in even better condition than it arrived since it will be freshly painted and repaired.

Why would you ever sell it :) Teslas are a keeper !

Reactions: RayW
$5000 off. Take it or leave it. And be sure there is a qualifier on this transaction that you can refuse delivery with no financial penalty if upon inspection you find the repair unacceptable or the damage to be more than anticipated. They should provide you with pics of the damage before any repairs are made so you can confirm what they are telling you.

Update: got a picture of the car. The entire left side of the car (bumper, front quarter panel, both left doors and rear quarter panel has some huge marks going through it. The quarter panels definately need to be replaced. The rear door looks like it's dented. They won't discount any further and looks like it's going to be on the carfax. Its going to take them a couple weeks to repair. Would you guys take this car? Looks worse than I had expected. At this point, I might just keep my model 3 reservation (3/31 reservation).

Attachments

• IMG_5838.JPG
    IMG_5838.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Are they pressuring you to make a decision in advance? You can't reasonably be expected to commit to the car until you have seen it. This is something that really bugs me about the CPO process - they expect you to put down a non-refundable deposit without even seeing the car in person.

If they want a decision before you can inspect the car, then I think you should tell them the deal is off and ask for you deposit back. Keep your money until another one comes along or until the repairs are complete on this one and you can see it for yourself.

Are they pressuring you to make a decision in advance? You can't reasonably be expected to commit to the car until you have seen it. This is something that really bugs me about the CPO process - they expect you to put down a non-refundable deposit without even seeing the car in person.

If they want a decision before you can inspect the car, then I think you should tell them the deal is off and ask for you deposit back. Keep your money until another one comes along or until the repairs are complete on this one and you can see it for yourself.

No, I have the option to take my deposit back because of the accident.

Update: got a picture of the car. The entire left side of the car (bumper, front quarter panel, both left doors and rear quarter panel has some huge marks going through it. The quarter panels definately need to be replaced. The rear door looks like it's dented. They won't discount any further and looks like it's going to be on the carfax. Its going to take them a couple weeks to repair. Would you guys take this car? Looks worse than I had expected. At this point, I might just keep my model 3 reservation (3/31 reservation).
OUCH. Looking at the pic hurts, Tough call but honestly I would take it...I personally would not be looking to resell it and thats why I would take it. I would be driving it into the ground and selling it realistically in 5-6 years and probably a trade in back to Tesla so wouldn't be expecting much $ out of it. If you care about resell wait until the M3, but nothing like the MS, I don't think it will compare. Keep us posted interested to hear what your final decision is.

I am sure there are plenty of people that would jump on this P85+ for $43k - Tesla won't deliver it to you anywhere near that condition that in the picture don't let that blind you to the deal you are getting.

Good luck on your decision. There is no right or wrong answer.

Their attitude is poor. I'd walk. Its a good deal but there will only be more of these cars in the future, especially ones that aren't damaged. That is a fairly extensive "scratch" and I think it will need some bodywork. $3k isn't quite enough and their unwillingness to negotiate means they will just fix it and not tell any future buyer about this. Tesla's CPO process needs a lot of help but as long as people are willing to pay them, they will continue these kinds of tactics.