Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO after delivery questions/concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 7 weeks of waiting, we finally took delivery of our 2014 P85 last week. I have to say that I was a bit bummed learning the car had been a loaner (being a real one owner car was a big deal to me). I was always under the impression that more than likely an individual spending $105k would have taken good care of their car. The SC said they spent 6 hours just on the outside of the car alone buffing and cleaning. I'm not sure exactly what the issues were except the parking sensors were pushed in (why??) and the charge port quarter panel needed repainted (believe a huge dent from charger/charge cord). The inside of the car was cleaned but not detailed. We opted to get the car thoroughly detailed with the wrap guy and he had said the carpet was imbedded with sand. The DS did make a comment of how the majority of the time was spent on the exterior of the car. When we were given the inside car familiarization tour, my eyes kept focusing to the driver chrome door piece. It was in really bad shape from rings and such, especially for a less than 16k mile vehicle. They did however replace that piece that day but the other three were not touched. So, I guess my question is...what is normal wear and tear for a less than 16k mile Tesla? How are other owners' chrome door pieces holding up?
Few other questions/concerns...
-We noticed two hood dents from improper closing of the frunk upon delivery and the new DS acted like it was normal. Anyone have any luck getting their's fixed and what is the process? We already had the hood wrapped and opti coated so I'm sure that will complicate things.
-The two seat belt latches in the backseat are really banged up. I also mentioned this and I was basically blown off.
-Multiple grease spots/stains on headliner (the detailer wouldn't touch). I'm assuming this should be remedied by a call to the DSC?
-Exterior chrome - what is normal? All 4 door handles are scratched up along with the Tesla chrome piece on the trunk.
-Does the frunk have a net or something? I see the two attachment knobs.

One wheel had minor rash damage and the front had a couple rock dings but I took this as normal wear and tear. All in all, I'm pretty happy with my literally sight unseen purchase (paid in full before even seeing the car..bank reasons) but the few above things bother me a bit.