TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CPO and Dual Chargers

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Buckeye2320, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Buckeye2320

Buckeye2320 Member

I know that on a new MS you can get the dual chargers. Can you get the dual chargers added to a CPO? Curious if it is actually worth the cost...

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

Yes you can get them added but why pay the over bloated cost when you can find a car that has them.

3. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

If you plan on traveling going off the SC grid then I think the dual chargers and picking up a CHAdeMO adapter are essential. But for most people, I think the dc is not a necessity. Anecdotally speaking, it seems like only about 1/3 of the CPOs I would strongly consider have dual chargers. Makes sense because the average driver only needs long range five days a year, and SC coverage has grown significantly in the last 18 months.