TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CPO buyers

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by irvineboy, Feb 18, 2016.

1. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

Do you guys successfully ask for new tires and new brakes? I heard some people were able to get this negotiated.

2. andrewknight

andrewknight Member

Mine came with new tires but it was not requested or negotiated. I think it just depends on the condition of them when they get turned in.

3. mrjedistud

mrjedistud Member

Same here. Mine had to get swapped out for new one, just depends on the tread wear on the prior tires.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

mine had 13,000 on it, and I didn't think to ask, but ended up getting new after another 7,000 or so.

I'm also all about testing that 0-60 every chance I get.

5. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

I wouldn't count on it. Keep in mind that CPO cars are used. It shouldn't need brakes, and tires only if the tread is almost gone.

6. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

I didn't get new tires, and I didn't request for it. Mine had 10,500 miles on it.

7. StaceyS

StaceyS Member

Our car (2013 P85) had 17k miles on it when we got it. Tesla replaced the tires before delivery. It wasn't something we requested (or even thought to ask for). Given the high rate of wear on these tires (20-25k tread life for the 21" Continentals), I'm really happy they did this.

Brakes appear to be in fine condition. I wouldn't be able to tell if they had been replaced, the pad thickness looks nearly identical today 11k miles after we got the car as the day we go it. We use the brakes so little, I would be amazed if they had been replaced (unless the previous owner drove the car only with regen set to low).