Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO buying price/fees/taxes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't it just mean "used and sold by Tesla"?
When I bought my 2013 P 85 under CPO Tesla did a great job to bring it back as close as possible to the Monroney sticker specs. They fixed a small ding with PDR and replaced a bunch of interior trim pieces that were over worn. They also put stock rims back on since the owner put aftermarkets on. They also gave me a new 4 year 50k mile warranty.

Like I said, nothing you've posted has been helpful. I asked if anyone knew what ACTUALLY happens with a CPO sale delivery fee for out of state shipping to CA. You don't know.
Fees are OBVIOUSLY taxed in some cases, no matter what you or any of us thinks is logical or correct. I just was asking if anyone knew what happens in this specific case.
It’s sad that you keep responding and not absorbing the content of people’s posts.

The answer to what happens and why has been provided more than once.

And you already said it doesn’t impact your purchase, so why continue down this path?

And spoiler alert: Tesla does not have a CPO program. You are buying a used car.

"CPO" is indeed a euphamism for what you get from Tesla for used cars. I use the term, because the main site I use to scan the listings is literally called "ev-cpo.com" regardless of the fact that Tesla does not "certify" their used cars.
They do however, upgrade almost all of them to FSD (almost being the key word) with the infotainment upgrade, and you get a 10kmi / 1year warranty extension, and for better/worse, they will deliver it to you for a fee (the topic of this thread). You don't get any of that from any other source of used Teslas. You might be able to get a seller/dealer/broker to ship a car to you, but that's risky. Also, currently at least, the prices from Tesla are generally as good or better than what I generally see anywhere else, assuming you can/want to play their "Dutch auction" style pricing game.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
They can unlock acceleration boost, rear seat heaters, etc
Rear seat heaters? I didn't know that. How would one know if their rear seats have locked heaters?

To me the FSD addition is huge. That's a lot of value right there ($15k worth currently). Not that I really want/need the feature, but it's a lot of value. I would use it if I had it, for sure. But if a similar car was priced $15k less without it, I'd probably be OK to save the money. Thing is, there are no similar cars priced $15k less. Tesla prices their own CPO used cars only without FSD $5k-$10k less at best. Sometimes similar cars are priced higher with EAP than with FSD. It's all just an algorithm and it doesn't always make sense.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I see I've made a friend...
1670462927273.png

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 :rolleyes:
LOL

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide and JimmyB
Rear seat heaters? I didn't know that. How would one know if their rear seats have locked heaters?
I was speaking generally... every Model 3 has 5 heated seats, but the RWD base model has the rear 3 seat heaters disabled. You can purchase them in the app for $300 I think. Same with the heated wheel.

I'm not saying Tesla does any of those things... just that I didn't know they added FSD to their used vehicles to increase their value... it seems like a smart way to win against competition, and there are other features they could also unlock as well.

I don't value FSD at all... not even a dollar, however it would increase my resale value, so I'd gladly take it for free... but would never pay for it. I had it for 90 days free when I bought the car and I used smart summon like 10 times. That was mostly laughable.

Reactions: seenhear
I don't value FSD at all... not even a dollar, however it would increase my resale value, so I'd gladly take it for free... but would never pay for it. I had it for 90 days free when I bought the car and I used smart summon like 10 times. That was mostly laughable.
I'm about the same, maybe a tiny bit more interested in it than you. :) I have EAP on HW2.5 with MCU1 and Smart Summon is a total joke. Like if you want to make fun of Tesla and turn people away from the brand, then do a demo of Smart Summon for a bunch of people at work in your work parking lot. Everyone will have a good laugh watching the car struggle to navigate an obvious parking lot at 3 mph.

But I think FSD is now a different story. The performance people are getting with the beta program code is pretty cool. I wouldn't call it "full self driving" by any means, but that's just a name. For what it is, I would use it if I had it for sure. I would even pay a small amount for it, like maybe $2k or $3k right now, mostly to get the upgraded AP computer. :)

To me the FSD addition is huge. That's a lot of value right there ($15k worth currently). Not that I really want/need the feature, but it's a lot of value. I would use it if I had it, for sure. But if a similar car was priced $15k less without it, I'd probably be OK to save the money. Thing is, there are no similar cars priced $15k less. Tesla prices their own CPO used cars only without FSD $5k-$10k less at best. Sometimes similar cars are priced higher with EAP than with FSD. It's all just an algorithm and it doesn't always make sense.
LOLZ @ guy who thinks FSD adds $15K worth of value to a used car.