Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deal or No? 2013 60 kWh Model S with Tech, Pano, Supercharger, Air Susp with 57k for $43k?

• Definitely Yes

• Yes

• No

• Definitely No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Firstly, many thanks to all the contributors on this forum! It helps many of us looking to join the Tesla family to be more informed.

Leaning on you guys for guidance on this one. First a little context, or just scroll down for the question.

Context:

I made the decision to join the Tesla family when I was a 2nd year medical student. The deal was to bust my tail, land a residency in dermatology, and purchase a Tesla as a graduation gift (CPO of course). Well, the time is now.

Long story short, I was supposed to purchase a 2013 60 kWh Model S with 40k miles for $40k, had a test drive appointment over the weekend, and the car was sold the day before. I wasn't called, notified, or anything by my sales rep. Got the runaround for a few days. Fine. It happens. I was then referred to the regional CPO sales rep (who has been professional and helpful) to help find a facilitate a Model S purchase.

Anyhow, delay after delay, and a month later after him finding a vehicle, we are now encroaching on the anticipated delivery date. Over the past month, there has been a noticeable drop in the Tesla CPO market value.

Question:

I put a deposit down on a 2013 60 kWh Model S with 57k miles for 42.8k. Here are the specs:

White color
Grey leather
Piano black decor
Pano roof
Super charger enabled
Smart Air suspension
Tech package
19in wheels

Deal or no deal? I'm seeing 2013s with fewer miles encroach on the agreed-upon price I placed a deposit on back in June.

Thanks again and looking forward to joining the Tesla family!

-SkinMD

Its a reasonable deal. No autopilot and a 60 battery with some degradation. If you're buying it for the sake of having a ev or simply to have a tesla, go for it. If performance or long distance driving is enjoyable, even the good deal with be regrettable in the long term.
Congrats on the derm residency. This should be the last used car you ever buy.

Ohhh can I play? I still haven't been given the go-ahead for pickup, so I could lose a thousand to save a bunch...

I have been watching the prices drop too. Below--deal or no deal?

2013 85 kWh Model S with 42k miles for $56k

Green Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Obeche Wood Matte Décor
Standard Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Dual Chargers
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

Thank you all for your input. With most people voting that this is a good deal, I feel less apprehensive about moving forward with the purchase. I should be joining the Tesla family by this weekend. I'll be sure to post some obligatory photos.

Reactions: MrJones390
Its a reasonable deal. No autopilot and a 60 battery with some degradation. If you're buying it for the sake of having a ev or simply to have a tesla, go for it. If performance or long distance driving is enjoyable, even the good deal with be regrettable in the long term.
Congrats on the derm residency. This should be the last used car you ever buy.

Yep, those are the two main reasons why I chose to go Tesla. For the next 4 years, I'm tied to a hospital and my commute is 5-10 minutes everyday. We'll be taking road trips throughout New England most weekends. I'll be sure to use every drop of my 50k warranty over the next 4 years. And when the time comes again, I'll likely slip into something new.

Thanks again, gaswalla!