Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Delivery Defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Picked up my 2015 85D CPO on Friday and I love the car! I noticed a couple of things during delivery that I want addressed and a couple of things after delivery (that wasn't documented). Are these normal things to get fixed as per CPO process? or just general service?

1. Scratches and scuff marks on tail lamp. (noted on Bill of Sale)
2. Broken Plastic housing on driver's seat (noted on Bill of Sale)
3. Rear Passenger Door Moulding coming out (I just noticed this)
4. Sunroof moulding has gap which is creating wind noise in cabin and scratches on pano roof trim by roof racks (I just noticed this).
5. Scratches on Tesla door plates. (DS told me that isn't covered under CPO as they get scratched often).

I expect the moulding issues and plastic housing to get fixed with no questions asked. I am not as confident with the tail lamp or scratches on the black trim around the pano roof.

Thoughts???

Attachments

• PlasticHousing.jpg
    PlasticHousing.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 114
  • DoorMoulding.jpg
    DoorMoulding.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 89
  • TaillightScuff.jpg
    TaillightScuff.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Sunroof.jpg
    Sunroof.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Tesla should fix everything. My 2014 CPO (that I bought one year ago) was spotless and only had 1 mould that I simply put back in place myself. One door handle did have a mark on it though (the interior handle) but it is small: it is a used vehicule after all.

Tesla should fix everything. My 2014 CPO (that I bought one year ago) was spotless and only had 1 mould that I simply put back in place myself. One door handle did have a mark on it though (the interior handle) but it is small: it is a used vehicule after all.

Let's hope. I am mad at myself for not bringing a tape measure to measure the scratches as anything over 3/8" inch should be fixed. I can't believe I didn't notice the scratches by the roof racks.

Let's hope. I am mad at myself for not bringing a tape measure to measure the scratches as anything over 3/8" inch should be fixed. I can't believe I didn't notice the scratches by the roof racks.
Tesla probably did not notice them either. Just let them know and they should fix it: Tesla wants their customers to be happy with their cars. I personally wouldn't be worried about it.

Your buying a used car and you will have normal wear and tear on it. I have bought many CPO'S and picking up my CPO tesla soon. Outside of molding issues rest would be considered normal wear imo. If you want perfect new is the best option.

• Disagree
Reactions: StoXto3toY
Mine a a single clear-coat scratch (well over 3/8) on the rear bumper. The refused to resolve, sighted it not being through to the paint in which case they would have. Scratches on the nose cone, and scuffs on the threshold plate also deemed to be normal W&T for a 8.5K, 2 year old car. I have to concur. You chose to buy used, you cannot expect a new car experience. I believe there's a carve out for wind noise in the CPO warranty, but that one I would pursue, especially if you perceive it is causing further damage. Good luck.

Mine a a single clear-coat scratch (well over 3/8) on the rear bumper. The refused to resolve, sighted it not being through to the paint in which case they would have. Scratches on the nose cone, and scuffs on the threshold plate also deemed to be normal W&T for a 8.5K, 2 year old car. I have to concur. You chose to buy used, you cannot expect a new car experience. I believe there's a carve out for wind noise in the CPO warranty, but that one I would pursue, especially if you perceive it is causing further damage. Good luck.

Overall, I felt the car was in good shape and my DS did keep repeating, "your buying a used car after all". I wanted to see if these scratches are considered the norm when buying CPO. The plastic housing and mouldings I expect to be fixed but I won't be too shocked or disappointed if they stop there.