Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Delivery Timeline Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email last week 12/13 that my car finally started the CPO process in Buena Park, that was just over 30 days since I ordered Nov 11th. They said likely be ready sometime this week (6), and then shipped to SD. So will likely be ready just before or after Christmas. Total time will be 6 weeks so 4-6 week estimate is looking pretty accurate right now.

I have a couple quick questions but didn't feel like starting a new thread...

I'm scheduled to pick up my CPO on Saturday and my DS sent over the purchase agreement for me to sign electronically. Obviously I want to inspect the car before handing over my check, but is it ok to sign the purchase agreement ahead of time? Anything else I need to do or not do tomorrow with it being the last business day before delivery? I've already added the car to my insurance effective Saturday. And I have my check in hand from my bank ready to be filled out with the actual loan amount.

I have a couple quick questions but didn't feel like starting a new thread...

I'm scheduled to pick up my CPO on Saturday and my DS sent over the purchase agreement for me to sign electronically. Obviously I want to inspect the car before handing over my check, but is it ok to sign the purchase agreement ahead of time? Anything else I need to do or not do tomorrow with it being the last business day before delivery? I've already added the car to my insurance effective Saturday. And I have my check in hand from my bank ready to be filled out with the actual loan amount.

They did the same thing to me, and this was how I handled it, with her reply, which I thought was ridiculous.

Me> We have received the funds from our credit union and will be there at 5:30. Just as a heads up, I would like our delivery to start with a walkthrough of the car before we sign the paperwork and pay via MyTesla.

Tesla> We can certainly do the walkthrough and you can inspect the car but we will need the funds from State Farm Credit Union as well as your ACH payment in order to release the car. We cannot release the car until funds have been processed.

When I arrived, the car was ready, I did my walkthrough, found some issues that were documented, and only then did I physically sign the paperwork. I was handed an iPad to log into Tesla.com and pay via ACH (plus the bank draft for the portion I borrowed).

Also triple-check your paperwork. I had to have two draft MPAs and two final MPAs drawn up before it was correct. I'm not sure the DS in Tempe can tie her shoes without messing it up.