Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO experience from the CHICAGO location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you find the car to your liking and the buying and delivery process a good one. But I wish everyone would stop using the phrase CPO. There is no such thing as a Tesla CPO and hasn't been for sometime now.

Yea I heard the Westmont location has been great. But all these bad experiences for the used Tesla’s I’ve been hearing from some people make me worry.

All it means is when buying a CPO car, have your own standards, even if Tesla does not have standards any more. Don't be a sucker and let them tell you some nonsense BS about how used Tesla's are supposed to all look like they came from a junk yard all trashed and damaged. Did you wait all this time to buy a used Model S only to take it to a body shop upon taking delivery?! Don't be that idiot that they hope you are! :p

Plenty of people have bought CPO cars in decent condition so it is up to anyone buying one to reject damaged cars and only accept a vehicle that is in reasonable condition. If enough people did that, they will stop selling damaged cars.

The key is to request a personal inspection of the vehicle before you pay for the car in full. This way if there is damage, you can either ask them to fix the damage or transfer your deposit towards a car in decent shape. Other buyers have precisely done this and some have even managed to get Tesla to agree to fix damage in a due bill after purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP
I had a great experience there, everything was great. Super nice people, spent a good hour with me setting up my car and getting everything just right. My car had some slight damage, but I knew it going in because it was in the photos. I can live with a small door ding since I know I will get another one at some point....

My coworker had the same experience, even was able to get them to repair a bumper at no cost, because there was a good size parking curb rash on it.

I did my delivery in early June on Grant Ave., but the car was probably coming from Westmont.
It took a while to get the missing J1772 adapter, but they finally mailed it to me.
When I got my plates, I just dropped by and they installed them for me.
Overall, easy and pleasant.