Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Experience/Process December 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked to my delivery advisor to follow up on my request for an inspection report, repair records or anything more than the blank Carfax. He said he asked his manager and they said the pictures are all I need. The DA actually chuckled a bit at the absurdity of the answer from his manager!

You need to I insist on an immediate appointment. I go to the Brooklyn service 4pm tomorrow for an appointment. You can tell them that you can have my appointment. I have some issues, but yours sounds more serious.

Thank you for the offer! Unfortunately tomorrow will be difficult to fit into my work schedule.

I will insist that they give me an earlier appointment, and closer to me!

Mine took 3 weeks to ship. The small scratches in the pictures had been repaired when I arrived. The front end was covered with xpel, and it had new tires. Now three weeks after delivery its still flawless. It’s a long hard process, and very frustrating. Hopefully, you’ll get a great product in the end.

Thank you for the offer! Unfortunately tomorrow will be difficult to fit into my work schedule.

I will insist that they give me an earlier appointment, and closer to me!
Dropped my car off, and even though I was told on the phone I could wait for the work to be done, the service advisers told me that whoever said that didn't know what they were talking about. They were nice at the Brooklyn Service center and seemed very knowledgeable. They said it would take 3 to 6 days! They gave me a loner Tesla Model S and I was on my way. Hopefully everything gets fixed.

Reactions: rplace1021
Were the scratches fixed without you having to request it?
Yes, I had ordered two Tesla paint kits just in case but haven’t opened them. I don’t know if this is typical or not but I was surprised at how perfect the car was. Everything I read online is that they show up in so so condition and I was constantly anxious about it, but I’m my case anyway, the car was perfect.

Well, Brooklyn Service Center fixed the tire pressure system in less than 24hrs, not the 3-6 days they originally quoted. Car is back in my possession and they gave it a full inspection to boot. They even washed it, and I don’t mean a so so wash. The car looked better than when I picked it up at delivery. A lot better.

I don’t want to have to take the car for service, but if I have to in the future, I’m going there.

Reactions: Don TLR
I have an update on the coolant issue. I have to bring the car in and the earliest appointment they had was Jan 30th in Brooklyn (at least an hour away from me without traffic). I did insist on mobile servife for this but first reply was it’s not possible. Asked again, waiting on reply. For reference, Paramus and Springfield were giving dates for end of March, for service appointments.

As of today the warning message stays on constantly. I voiced my concern about having to wait another 2 weeks as this is my daily driver. Hopefully this won’t cause additional issues.

The car seems to be fine with this so far.

FYI I had the same message in my 2014 and it ended up simply needing a little top up. They told me that the car uses a 3 pump system and they can see if there is a problem at a distance so you should be fine.

Regarding the top up they did mine for free... but I guess it would depend on the state of things. If the problem is caused by one of the pump failing, that would fall under the bumper to bumper warranty. Usually the service center will make it right.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Regarding the top up they did mine for free... but I guess it would depend on the state of things. If the problem is caused by one of the pump failing, that would fall under the bumper to bumper warranty. Usually the service center will make it right.

Update: I managed to get an appointment on Thursday 1/17, and they had to keep the car at the service center in the end. The coolant level was good, so they thought it was a grounding issue with the sensor (corroded grounding bolt). They fixed the grounding issue, but the warning light was still there, so they decided to keep the car to get to the bottom of it. They should take care of the 2 recalls as well while it's there (steering + airbags). I'm currently in a loaner until further notice. The people at the service center were nice and helpful.

• Informative
Reactions: Nick B and vickh
Update: I managed to get an appointment on Thursday 1/17, and they had to keep the car at the service center in the end. The coolant level was good, so they thought it was a grounding issue with the sensor (corroded grounding bolt). They fixed the grounding issue, but the warning light was still there, so they decided to keep the car to get to the bottom of it. They should take care of the 2 recalls as well while it's there (steering + airbags). I'm currently in a loaner until further notice. The people at the service center were nice and helpful.

airbags recall show up @ Recalls or did you get standard email

nice loaner?

from a recent thread on Tesla CPO 2015 Model 90D purchase experience | Tesla

What he could not get:

1. Vehicle service record over the 45,000 miles ( apparently Tesla can't share due to privacy which is total bs no laws today require this. other manufacturers share this info no questions asked)

2. Inspection report as to which 70 points were inspected and what was the wheel and brakes readings.

3. no sale agreement so can secure. a loan.

4. no warranty document for my CPO in tesla account website portal

5. confirmation if Tesla will perform all necessary maintenance due at the time of delivery especially the 4-year maintenance which is due now as of 01/01/2019.

Last edited: