Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using these forums for years now, researching and learning from all the knowledge there is to be had here, and finally bought one. I found a great 2014 MS 85 in January and am taking delivery today. I know that some people have had very bad experiences with the CPO program, but mine was the best, and I commend the midwest region (not sure how they break them up) on their speed, communication, attention to detail, and their professionalism. My advisor Yolanda was absolutely amazing and the service center team here in Kansas City has been stellar. I have been on this journey for quite a while, you might even count taking my first test drive in 2012 as the beginning, but the feeling today is surreal. I know that I am inflating the reality of buying a car into some sort of personal Mecca but to me it signifies years of hard work and discipline to be able to purchase something as impactful on our society as a Tesla. So thank you to all of you out there with your wisdom on literally every part/option of this car that I poured over researching day after day for the past few years.

I have attached a pic and the CPO service doc I received, hopefully to maybe provide some insight into the process and what Tesla will fix on a car because of their standards.

Attachments

• IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DOC020318-02032018025411.pdf
    312.5 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: Olds442 and Lu Ann
I have been using these forums for years now, researching and learning from all the knowledge there is to be had here, and finally bought one. I found a great 2014 MS 85 in January and am taking delivery today. I know that some people have had very bad experiences with the CPO program, but mine was the best, and I commend the midwest region (not sure how they break them up) on their speed, communication, attention to detail, and their professionalism. My advisor Yolanda was absolutely amazing and the service center team here in Kansas City has been stellar. I have been on this journey for quite a while, you might even count taking my first test drive in 2012 as the beginning, but the feeling today is surreal. I know that I am inflating the reality of buying a car into some sort of personal Mecca but to me it signifies years of hard work and discipline to be able to purchase something as impactful on our society as a Tesla. So thank you to all of you out there with your wisdom on literally every part/option of this car that I poured over researching day after day for the past few years.

I have attached a pic and the CPO service doc I received, hopefully to maybe provide some insight into the process and what Tesla will fix on a car because of their standards.

Congrats! That’s a damn quick turnaround order on 1/3 and delivery 4 weeks later. Based on your WO history, they also did an incredible amount of work in that time.

Glad to hear it. My experience with Yolanda 6 months ago left a lot to be desired. I had to beg for return phone calls and information my lender needed multiple times. Car came out great though!

I would agree...last year I pulled the trigger on an 85 but backed out within the 72 hour limit. All through that process there was a lot of waiting for information and undressed emails. However most recently she was great!

I had a great experience working with Yolanda as well! We only spoke a couple times initially and communicated mostly over text but what it comes down to for me was that she mined out the "what I want", found it three times over, then clearly laid out "the process" so I understood the timeline. My car was delivered almost to the day of that initial estimate of 6 weeks, a couple days early. But she said that there would be limited communication as the car undergoes reconditioning and transport to Chicago from LA but they would call me for a delivery date when they had one. When they had one, they called.

But what was cool for me was that she kept looking for me after my initial agreement on a MS60 for that 72 hours. She found me the P85 and called, texted and emailed pics to make sure I got it before it was snatched up. That's above and beyond in my book.

Congrats on the purchase! Great looking vehicle for sure! @ahirbe

Could you tell me how you got connected to an adviser for CPO, and what the interaction was with the service center team in KC? I guess I assumed that with CPO you were "on your own" after ordering online. I'd love to have some of that help searching midwest inventory.
Thanks!

Could you tell me how you got connected to an adviser for CPO, and what the interaction was with the service center team in KC? I guess I assumed that with CPO you were "on your own" after ordering online. I'd love to have some of that help searching midwest inventory.
Thanks!

Hit up Tesla Corporate number in Fremont, CA and theyll connect you with whoever runs your region. Best of luck! Also you can get a good start at ev-cpo.com

Congrats @ahirbe. Looking through the CPO work doc, I’m surprised there were so any panels that were re-painted. PDR (dent removal) is def to be expected, but re-sprays are a little concerning. Maybe I just need to trust the process and know that I’ll be (eventually) delivered a CPO that’s in great condition without worrying about what happens behind the curtains. :)

@Doanster1 I just have trust in the process, especially now that it is over. My team was great and I wish you luck on the hunt. Also I did a due bill for a few more items too that were a little worn and used, they fixed/repaired with no hesitation. Plus the warranty is a good piece of mind for me!