TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

CPO "final touches"

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Acho, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Acho

Acho Member

As I was waiting CPO i ordered i called for an update a week before scheduled delivery date just to make sure that everything is on track. They told me that as we speak they do "final touches" at the factory?! And it will be ready for deivery - it has to go from Fremont to Las Vegas in 4-5 days. Today is the fifth day so I stopped by to ask how the things are going with my deivery and they told me thas as we speak they do "final touches" at the factory?!

It seems to me that they are telling me what I want to hear but 5 days of "final touches" seems a bit long.

Does anybody knows how long this final touches take

So far nothing went the way they promised and I start to get a little frustrated

2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

It really depends on how many are in front of you, and if they find any repair issues along the way. Maybe the nosecone needed to be replaced, or a trim piece etc.. They have a checklist to follow. My car was ready when promised but I had some things owed to me so I had to go back for their repair when parts arrived.

3. Acho

Acho Member

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the inspecton, not the ginal touches. Replacing nosecone is repair, not final touch. At least in my understanding.

I totaly agree that some times deadline are hard to keep but just be honest and tell the true. Unles nobody has a clue what is going on.

4. cchc99

cchc99 Member

Supposedly all my car needed was final inspection. Arrival of the vehicle in Illinois proved otherwise. Rear bumper needs work, hood needs to be dentless repaired. We will see if they are still on par for it to be ready next week. I've asked for an update yesterday but haven't heard back either from my DS.

5. Acho

Acho Member

Just found out how long the "finishing touches" will take - I've been told 2-3 weeks from today. If I have tho include the elapsed week in this status it is 3-4 weeks.... eventually. That's at Buena Park SC.

According to this thread It's true the CPO process is as BAD as they say... this is kind of normal for this SC to delay CPO's by much.

I've been advised by my DS to look at another car. Is there anybody with CPO experience at Los Angeles-Centinela SC?

Are they any faster/better than Buena Park?

6. cchc99

cchc99 Member

At least your DS is giving you the option of looking for another car. If mine isn't ready this weekend, I don't know what I'll do.

7. Acho

Acho Member

The only problem is that I am not sure that I am not going in the same nightmare just with different SC

In my opinion they should complete CPO process before list car for sale. If the car is still in service the mileage listed is not the mileage you are going to recive the car at. If there is a difference between listed and actual miles are they going to offer some sort of compensation?

There is penalty if you trade has more than 500 miles from mileage at the time of the appraisal

• Like x 1