Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO limited warranty changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did tesla just change CPO limited warranty on battery and drivetrain? I though it was 8 years from original purchase date.
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.38.54 PM.png

They just changed their website look and feel and this showed up...

There is no longer a CPO program. They just sell used cars.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see to see them take things like the battery/drive-unit warranty and free unlimited Supercharging away from used cars they sell...

I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a mistake... The warranty page says: "The balance of original Battery and Drive Unit Limited warranty still applies for used cars." The warranty PDF agrees with that.

Maybe they meant March 2024.

that means 8 yrs from the date of manufacture.

It clearly says battery and drivetrain warranty ending in 2020 on that listing. I wouldn’t buy that with the language as written. Hopefully, it’s a mistake. Otherwise, it’s one way Tesla could draw down on the reserves for warranty to strengthen their liabilities.

Nope. Wrong. Here it is. I got this when I brought in my 3 week old (to me) CPO for it's first service. I was quoted a cost.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf

New CPO warranty kicked on for me upon taking delivery. 4 years/50k miles, and now tons of exceptions for cosmetics not covered previously. Also, seems roof rack flap is discontinued and not available to be replaced? Sounds wrong doesn't it?

hmmm....wait, which one is correct?

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf
- is what i was given, not dated, but has part reference for document
- 4 years 50k miles from date of receipt

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-used-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf
- says 2 years up to 100K miles.

Well, I have the one the service tech sent me via text. That's official communication in my book. I bet a lawyer would be able to answer which is correct and current, and what my real warranty will be

Hmm- both documents state that the used warranty does not replace or extend the new vehicle warranty's drive unit and battery warranty:
"The Tesla Used Vehicle Limited Warranty does not extend or otherwise alter the original NewVehicle Limited Warranty. The balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, including the originalBattery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty, applies to used vehicles and overlaps with this LimitedWarranty."

So the dates on the website with respect to battery/drive unit warranty expiration must be wrong. THey should be 8 years from the original delivery date.

Another change is they're now claiming a "160 point" cosmetic and mechanical inspection. Previously it was "70 point" mechanical only. When you click on details it lists a few mechanical/electrical points, but no mention of what they're inspecting cosmetically. Could this mean that they're going to stop delivering used cars scratched, dented and dirty?