Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the somewhat happy owner of a CPO.

There were a series of issues that I wish we had caught off the bat, so I'm posting here so that anyone else who receives a CPO knows to check these things out before accepting the car:

1) door sill plates were scuffed, the passenger side was dented. We replaced these and the service center was kind enough to cut us a deal on replacing them.

2) the windshield had a series of fine buff/scratch marks, perhaps it was an attempt to smooth out the pitting on the windshield (?). Not noticeable unless in bright sunlight, but it's annoying at times.

3) the latest small annoying issue is that underneath the car is a series of rubber fins or "strakes" which help the aerodynamics. Was paranoid and checking the car today when I noticed that one of them was torn in the middle. Brought it into the service center and was told usually that happens when the car is backed over a parking block/curb. thing is, for the damage that was pointed out to me in the service center, one would have to back the car up ALL the way to the rear wheels.

We baby this car and are OCD-enough about it to check after we park to make sure nothing is touching, etc. My wife is so nervous she refuses to back up the car into any parking space period - so we're not sure if this car was inspected properly in NY before being shipped down to FL or what, but it was pretty annoying to have another bill tacked on for our next scheduled service appointment.

Parts are being ordered and I'm giving feedback to our delivery manager that everyone that we've dealt with personally has been great, but whoever inspected the car (and was so late in signing the CPO checklist and emailing it to us) in NY may have dropped the ball here.

I know the S is an expensive car, and that CPO cars are less expensive, but it's just disappointing that we get these surprise bills here and there for things that should've been caught on inspection.