Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I am new to the site so please forgive me if a similar thread already exists..

I have recently placed the deposit on a 2013 CPO Model s 60kwh and cant seem to get my browser to look up anything other than Tesla Model S :D I decided to go with a 60kwh due to the face that my commute to work is fairly short (<50 miles both ways) and I don't take to many long trips (however that will probably change soon once I have this mystical hover car with wheels). I have been researching and stalking the CPO site for a few months now looking for the right one and I happen to be on the phone with a Tesla sales rep who informed me of a 60kwh that had just arrived and was not yet on the site. It was exactly what I had been looking for: White with pano roof, 19" wheels, tech package, ultra high fidelity sound, nappa leather, etc... After some convincing with my wife I pulled the trigger and am now playing the waiting game.

Anyway I just wanted to get a feel for some of the CPO owners out there about your experiences with the process and with the car! I have seen a lot of talks about both the good and the not so good, and I am fully aware of what the PO in CPO means so I am not expecting perfection but I have heard that other than the odometer some of these cars are basically brand new.

Open to all opinions and responses! Really just anything that will distract me until I get the call to pick up mine :)

There is a massive CPO thread, so be sure to take a look at that. There's lots of good info in there.

The overwhelming majority of us have had perfectly pleasant experiences. The exact condition you can expect will vary depending on the age/mileage of your car. Most people have taken delivery of a car that was in good to great condition compared to cars of similar age/mileage. Some percentage of people, however, have encountered major issues with cars showing up damaged. The bottom line is that if you show up on delivery day and there is something you don't feel comfortable with about the car, do not be afraid to reject delivery. In nearly all of the cases where this has happened, Tesla had made it right.

Great Thanks! and yeah from the pictures that they sent over the car looks like its in really good shape for close to 40K miles. I plan on doing a thorough check of the car before taking delivery but it is nice to know that Tesla has a reputation of providing great customer service and making things right.

I posted this on the Model 3 owners club forum....

So, have had one week with my CPO P85+ and wish to share a few point about my delivery experience:
1) The Tesla website states your sales tax is determined by your address. It should be made clear that that means the place of delivery and not your home address. For me it was the difference between 8.7% and 9.6%; not a small difference on a $57,750 sale.
2) The online application for financing doesn't make reference to a CPO purchase. I was approved for a five year loan at 1.49% only to be raised to 2.39% once Alliant realized it was a CPO.
3) During the delivery inspection, check every inch. Although my DS found two issues, I found three additional ones. Don't just look outside. Look inside for seat issues, the frunk (no tow hook) and underneath. No rush, take your time.

So, have had one week with my CPO P85+ and wish to share a few point about my delivery experience:
1) The Tesla website states your sales tax is determined by your address. It should be made clear that that means the place of delivery and not your home address. For me it was the difference between 8.7% and 9.6%; not a small difference on a $57,750 sale.
2) The online application for financing doesn't make reference to a CPO purchase. I was approved for a five year loan at 1.49% only to be raised to 2.39% once Alliant realized it was a CPO.
3) During the delivery inspection, check every inch. Although my DS found two issues, I found three additional ones. Don't just look outside. Look inside for seat issues, the frunk (no tow hook) and underneath. No rush, take your time.

Thanks for the advice Jay! Yeah I didnt even think about the different sales tax, over here in VA isnt bad (4.15% for vehicles I believe) but I will be taking delivery at the Washington DC service center so I will have to check on that. As far as financing goes I am not going through Alliant and instead will be going through my our credit union (got a better rate). And yes I do plan on going through my model s with a fine tooth comb before taking delivery. And also how many miles were on your P85+? 58K sounds like a great price!! My 60 has about 40k miles and I am getting it for 43k which I feel is a decent price considering all the features.

Thanks for sharing your experience, my wife and I will check ours with a fine toothed comb.
But, regarding #1, this can vary by state. In Arizona, my purchase order includes 5.6% state sales tax. I was told to be prepared for a bill from the MVD for the county and city tax based on registration address, not delivery address.

I am in the same boat. Placed deposit on S85 on Friday. Painfully waiting for "4 to 6 weeks" for delivery. I went with lower miles/higher price concerned about "wear n tear. Could have scored P85 price wise if willing to consider 30K or 40 K miles. Decided to stick with 20K-ish miles for 2013. I too want to know what others have encountered.

Every night is like Christmas Eve and I can't sleep, LOL.

Hello All,

I am new to the site so please forgive me if a similar thread already exists..

I have recently placed the deposit on a 2013 CPO Model s 60kwh and cant seem to get my browser to look up anything other than Tesla Model S :D I decided to go with a 60kwh due to the face that my commute to work is fairly short (<50 miles both ways) and I don't take to many long trips (however that will probably change soon once I have this mystical hover car with wheels). I have been researching and stalking the CPO site for a few months now looking for the right one and I happen to be on the phone with a Tesla sales rep who informed me of a 60kwh that had just arrived and was not yet on the site. It was exactly what I had been looking for: White with pano roof, 19" wheels, tech package, ultra high fidelity sound, nappa leather, etc... After some convincing with my wife I pulled the trigger and am now playing the waiting game.

Anyway I just wanted to get a feel for some of the CPO owners out there about your experiences with the process and with the car! I have seen a lot of talks about both the good and the not so good, and I am fully aware of what the PO in CPO means so I am not expecting perfection but I have heard that other than the odometer some of these cars are basically brand new.

Open to all opinions and responses! Really just anything that will distract me until I get the call to pick up mine :)

I am in the same boat. Placed deposit on S85 on Friday. Painfully waiting for "4 to 6 weeks" for delivery. I went with lower miles/higher price concerned about "wear n tear. Could have scored P85 price wise if willing to consider 30K or 40 K miles. Decided to stick with 20K-ish miles for 2013. I too want to know what others have encountered.
Very Nice! and yes I was actually considering a new s60 for a while but when I heard the price for my CPO I had to jump on it. Not a big fan of the higher miles but the remaining powertrain warranty and 4 year 50k bumper to bumper helps put my mind at ease. I also figure with it being a 2013 with 40k miles hopefully some of the early model bugs and issues may have already been addressed and resolved under the original owner, but you never know. And I can relate, ordered mine last friday as well and its going to be a month long Christmas Eve :D

Reactions: Big Virgil
My delivery date on My Tesla indicated delivery late Nov/early Dec. I checked it yesterday and the date is 10/16 to 10/23. WTF?!?! Certainly not complaining, but was sposed to be on a truck from CA to CO earlier this week. As far as I know it has not been conditioned or anything. Started the financing process but nothing more. Electrical install for garage in two weeks.

So, could that delivery date be when it arrives in CO and not necessarily customer delivery? That's not how I interpret the My Tesla delivery date, but just trying to figure it out. I have a call in to DS, but may not hear back until Monday.