Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S FUSC REMOVED After Being Told It Would Not Be Included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CAF60DCE-5136-41C6-8186-1D71D5B59771.jpeg
I purchased a 2015 model s CPO directly from Tesla.
I was informed I would not receive FUSC. That it would be pay per use supercharging. issue here is when I took delivery of the vehicle I purchased it as is with all configurations displayed in my Tesla app. Purchased in 2/26/2020 paid in full accepted terms AS IS. I will attach a picture of my configurations. Only to find out 5/15/2020 they audited my car and saw their mistake and removed it. I have spoke to reps and supervisors since the removal and they all claim I should’ve never had it in the first place and therefore I am not entitled it. I am in Washington state and as far as I know AS IS MEANS AS IS with all defects and pros the car is yours features and all. Do I have grounds to take this to court or has anyone gotten this resolved through different means or contacts. I feel they should honor my purchase how I received it configuration display clearly free unlimited supercharging and free unlimited premium connectivity.

Step one--read your entire purchase contract. Top to bottom. Find where it details the issue resolution process. Usually around the returns section, or "lemon law" part. Ensure FUSC is listed in your contract.

Step two--follow that process.

Step three--if not resolved, file a claim in court for breach of contract, if allowed, or arbitration of you agreed into it.

I am not a Tesla defender/apologist in any way. Given their service deterioration and treatment of customers I just decided to not buy any more Teslas (after buying 4 brand new Model S), because the fighting it in court is just not worth my time and money, even if I could win at the end - and Tesla does fight hard, they even managed to convince a bunch of arbitrators that a yellow main screen is "normal wear and tear" on less than one year old cars, so that gives you an idea. All that said, if Tesla informed you at purchase time that your car did not have FUSC, the fact that you had used it for few months is a bonus. If you were to push it, they could come back and charge you for the supercharging you used. You clearly got what you paid for and then some. Take the few months of free supercharging as a bonus.

Last edited:
I have FUSC in my 2016 car. At most I use it 6 times a year. This year it might be 0 times due to Covid-19. The rest of the year it gets charged in my garage.

It is well known that any car that gets traded in to Tesla has FUSC removed. They bought the car back. They can do anything they want before they sell it. Doing it after they sell should not happen. Someone made a mistake and is trying to "fix" it after the fact.

View attachment 550324 I purchased a 2015 model s CPO directly from Tesla.
I was informed I would not receive FUSC. That it would be pay per use supercharging. issue here is when I took delivery of the vehicle I purchased it as is with all configurations displayed in my Tesla app. Purchased in 2/26/2020 paid in full accepted terms AS IS. I will attach a picture of my configurations. Only to find out 5/15/2020 they audited my car and saw their mistake and removed it. I have spoke to reps and supervisors since the removal and they all claim I should’ve never had it in the first place and therefore I am not entitled it. I am in Washington state and as far as I know AS IS MEANS AS IS with all defects and pros the car is yours features and all. Do I have grounds to take this to court or has anyone gotten this resolved through different means or contacts. I feel they should honor my purchase how I received it configuration display clearly free unlimited supercharging and free unlimited premium connectivity.
Supercharging is a feature of the vehicle. You still have supercharging, so Tesla took nothing from the vehicle. What you no longer have is Tesla allowing you to supercharge for free, that is an interaction/ agreement outside of the car itself. Further, Tesla informed you it would not have FUSC, so there is not even the expectation that it would exist.

View attachment 550324 I purchased a 2015 model s CPO directly from Tesla.

Bank errors are not money you get to keep. Sorry. It was never yours to be later stolen.

If they told you and you bought anyways, you have nothing to complain about.

Actually, you should thank Tesla for the months of free juice you took.

Reactions: JustSaying and SO16
I don’t understand what you’re having a problem with?
You were told before you purchased that the vehicles did not come with FREE supercharging. It doesn’t matter if it took them a day or a year to remove the option, it’s not an option you paid for, therefore I don’t see why you feel like you’re entitled to it.

I don’t understand what you’re having a problem with?
You were told before you purchased that the vehicles did not come with FREE supercharging. It doesn’t matter if it took them a day or a year to remove the option, it’s not an option you paid for, therefore I don’t see why you feel like you’re entitled to it.
Like it says in my post I feel after I leave the lot with a signed agreement of AS IS I expect any person to honor it. No different than if I had left the lot and they forgot some floor mats I wasn’t supposed to get with it. Only because they have access to my car it doesn’t mean they should break into it to remove said features. My car was missing some trim pieces and I asked them about it and they told me car is sold as is. What’s next they go back into the car and reconfigure features in autopilot or remove heated seats from MCU Access. Digital content should be treated the same as physical. If it said FUSC in my configuration it should stay that way. Audits shouldn’t happen after a car has left their lot

Like it says in my post I feel after I leave the lot with a signed agreement of AS IS I expect any person to honor it. No different than if I had left the lot and they forgot some floor mats I wasn’t supposed to get with it. Only because they have access to my car it doesn’t mean they should break into it to remove said features. My car was missing some trim pieces and I asked them about it and they told me car is sold as is. What’s next they go back into the car and reconfigure features in autopilot or remove heated seats from MCU Access. Digital content should be treated the same as physical. If it said FUSC in my configuration it should stay that way. Audits shouldn’t happen after a car has left their lot

Good luck with that. They told you exactly what to expect, and what was included. So the whole indignant act about having something "taken" from you is pretty weak sauce.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
Tesla auditing my vehicle after I have purchased and left the lot. It’s the same as rep coming to your home and rechecking they didn’t forget something of theirs in it. It just wouldn’t happen.
Sorry. I just can't muster any sympathy for you here.

If there was a diamond ring in the cupholder and Tesla said "oh by the way that doesn't come with the car, we're gonna remove it", it's not yours simply because they forgot and you drove away.

They told you what to expect, and then did exactly what they said they were going to. "No backsies" doesn't apply here.

Sorry. I just can't muster any sympathy for you here.

If there was a diamond ring in the cupholder and Tesla said "oh by the way that doesn't come with the car, we're gonna remove it", it's not yours simply because they forgot and you drove away.

They told you what to expect, and then did exactly what they said they were going to. "No backsies" doesn't apply here.

Ucmndd,
Your thought process!
I wouldn’t even trade Pokémon cards with you. Kids like you catch hands for ur “backsies” mentality.

Tesla auditing my vehicle after I have purchased and left the lot. It’s the same as rep coming to your home and rechecking they didn’t forget something of theirs in it. It just wouldn’t happen.

Nope,

its the same as you buying an iPhone with no cellular service from apple, getting it home and finding it has service, then them turning the service off a few months later, and you getting mad about it and threatening to sue.

Or, Purchasing a home from someone and finding out when you move in that the cable is still working and you have internet without paying for it... then it getting turned off 3 months later.. and being mad and threatening to sue because they turned it off.

If someone left a TV in the home above, it would be yours (like floor mats). A service is not the same, and its amazing to me how many people try to pretend that it somehow is, or they somehow dont get that.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Nope,

its the same as you buying an iPhone with no cellular service from apple, getting it home and finding it has service, then them turning the service off a few months later, and you getting mad about it and threatening to sue.

Or, Purchasing a home from someone and finding out when you move in that the cable is still working and you have internet without paying for it... then it getting turned off 3 months later.. and being mad and threatening to sue because they turned it off.

If someone left a TV in the home above, it would be yours (like floor mats). A service is not the same, and its amazing to me how many people try to pretend that it somehow is, or they somehow dont get that.
I understand if it wasn’t detailed in my configuration upon delivery of my purchase.
The fact is I purchased the car and it was configured that way and it stated it on image I uploaded. It’s not like it wasn’t posted and I was getting free supercharging. Look at my image it’s clearly labeled FUSC only because they have access to my car it doesn’t mean they should alter or reconfigure.