Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S January Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I know there have been a few threads about this but lots of them are from 2016-17. I figure since it is 2018 there may be others who are in the CPO purchase process who would like to share their progress. Ill start!

1/2 Began search on ev-cpo, singled out 2-3 options that fit the budget and looked like good deals

1/4 Sold my 2014 Ford Fusion Energi back to Carmax and gained some positive equity for down payment

1/9 Transferred deposit from Model 3 to a CPO (2014 Model S85, 32K miles, AP1, Tech Package, Hi-Fi audio, air suspension, Silver Metallic)

1/10 Given estimated timeline of 3-5 weeks, sales guy says delivery definitely before 2/20

1/11 Secured financing with Stanford FCU with guaranteed loan rate until 4/3

1/15 Car arrived at Fremont factory to begin CPO work (body work?? detailing??)

1/17 Secured insurance with Progressive with start date in mid Feb.

Ultimately will be delivered from CA to Phoenix, AZ. Really exited to join the Tesla owners club and get this beauty on the road!

A few questions, this car comes with AP1 hardware, I understand that all CPOs come with the convenience features activated (if you have the tech package) is this true?

I looked up features on ev-cpo and the site says this car has "no parking sensors" but from research this is not accurate (even the original description on the Tesla site says it has auto-park enabled) so why the discrepancy?

Thanks all!

Congrats!

The option code probably says "PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors" which you can ignore. It has the tech package so it definitely has parking sensors (in 2014).

If the car has AP1 and the Tech package, it has the convenience features activated. I think it was extremely rare back then for people not to opt for the Tech package, which included AP1 fully activated.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I know rates can greatly vary based upon each individual's situation, but I'm curious what kind of interest rate and loan length you received from Stanford FCU? If you care to share.

My CPO delivery is, at best, 3-5 weeks out and I've yet to seek financing. I fear the approval and rate may expire in the event the CPO isn't ready for delivery. I've been looking at Alliant. Did you seek a quote from them?

Congrats!

The option code probably says "PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors" which you can ignore. It has the tech package so it definitely has parking sensors (in 2014).

If the car has AP1 and the Tech package, it has the convenience features activated. I think it was extremely rare back then for people not to opt for the Tech package, which included AP1 fully activated.

@HankLloydRight Thank you for that information! I test drove a P100 the other day with autopilot 2.0 and it was awesome, cant wait to get behind the wheel with 1.0 in control! Also good to know about the parking sensors, figured the website was wrong but nothing like making me panic at 2AM.

I know rates can greatly vary based upon each individual's situation, but I'm curious what kind of interest rate and loan length you received from Stanford FCU? If you care to share.

My CPO delivery is, at best, 3-5 weeks out and I've yet to seek financing. I fear the approval and rate may expire in the event the CPO isn't ready for delivery. I've been looking at Alliant. Did you seek a quote from them?

@RBeck79 I had to do a lot of searching to find a decent rate as I am in a bit of an odd situation. This is only my third financed vehicle and the other two I paid off within 1.5 years. Turns out that lenders don't really like people who pay off their cars early, as lots of lenders would either offer me less than I asked for a rate that wasn't favorable with the reasoning that "you don't have any auto loans that are established for multiple years."

I applied with Alliant and they gave me the same line about not having a car loan established for multiple years but did offer me $40,000 at 1.5% (even with a $10k down payment I needed atleast 50K)

Stanford offered me $60k at 3.74% on a 72 month note but they were (and still are) running a promotion that got me down to 2.74% To get .5% off, you simply need to open a completely free checking account with them and have atleast $500 of direct deposit per month. To get the additional .5%, you have sign up for the Stanford FCU platinum visa card (10K limit, 9%APR, no yearly fee and you DO NOT need to make a minimum purchase per month or year) When you apply to open the checking account they pre-qualify you for the visa. So not exactly the rate I was hoping for but it will work considering im going to be putting extra $$ on each monthly payment.

Hope this helps and LMK if you want any contact information for a loan officer at SFCU.

Reactions: Olds442
@RBeck79 Also I forgot to say congrats on the CPO! I had the same concerns about financing but was surprised that SFCU was happy to extend the offer up to 3/5/18

Thanks, I'm looking forward to turning in my leased WRX a couple of months early!

I appreciate all of the information you shared. Sounds like Stanford has some hoops to jump through but I'm glad you got it worked out! Now you must wait :(

Yes the wait may just kill me. My sales guy is less than proactive with communication which is a little annoying. I don’t know how busy these guys are but if I was in sales advisor position I’d be updating my clients atleast every other day, even if there was no new information just to let them know I’m not just twiddling my thumbs. Argh!! Must be patient. Anyone else have trouble getting actual photos of their CPO? I’ve asked a few times and am basically being ignored.

How does the car look? Getting an assessment will be difficult with a simple photo, but still cool nonetheless.

Yah the pictures definitely don't tell me anything about the interior/powertrain but the exterior doesn't look too bad. Previous owner may have been an old fart who had trouble parking, as the rear right rim shows some signs of curbing. Seems like previous owner didnt really care about driving around with dirt splattered all over the place either, kinda sad. Also concerning my sales guy forwarded me the photos from his iPhone and they still have metadata attached. I was able to see the exact GPS coordinates of the previous owners home. Yikes!

Attached some photos.

rear25 (1).jpg driver6 (1).jpg passenger3 (1).jpg front35 (2).jpg

Hey all, I know there have been a few threads about this but lots of them are from 2016-17. I figure since it is 2018 there may be others who are in the CPO purchase process who would like to share their progress. Ill start!

1/2 Began search on ev-cpo, singled out 2-3 options that fit the budget and looked like good deals

1/4 Sold my 2014 Ford Fusion Energi back to Carmax and gained some positive equity for down payment

1/9 Transferred deposit from Model 3 to a CPO (2014 Model S85, 32K miles, AP1, Tech Package, Hi-Fi audio, air suspension, Silver Metallic)

1/10 Given estimated timeline of 3-5 weeks, sales guy says delivery definitely before 2/20

1/11 Secured financing with Stanford FCU with guaranteed loan rate until 4/3

1/15 Car arrived at Fremont factory to begin CPO work (body work?? detailing??)

1/17 Secured insurance with Progressive with start date in mid Feb.

Ultimately will be delivered from CA to Phoenix, AZ. Really exited to join the Tesla owners club and get this beauty on the road!

A few questions, this car comes with AP1 hardware, I understand that all CPOs come with the convenience features activated (if you have the tech package) is this true?

I looked up features on ev-cpo and the site says this car has "no parking sensors" but from research this is not accurate (even the original description on the Tesla site says it has auto-park enabled) so why the discrepancy?

Thanks all!

Are you getting your updates from the OA by email?

I purchased CPO on 1/15 and still have heard nothing or received any emails outside of the initial confirmation. I have 0 estimate on delivery or know who the OA is.

Are you getting your updates from the OA by email?

I purchased CPO on 1/15 and still have heard nothing or received any emails outside of the initial confirmation. I have 0 estimate on delivery or know who the OA is.

Hey there, congrats on the CPO purchase. So my journey started out when I called to inquire about financing and spoke with someone at Tesla HQ. We chatted about the CPO program and later that day I got an email from a guy who ultimately ended up taking my order over the phone a few days later. I get my updates over the phone and by email, though I've generally been the one phoning my sales guy with a question here and there and been the one probing for information. I'd suggest calling up Tesla HQ and someone from sales will be able to tell you whats up.

I also ordered a CPO thats coming from CA to Phoenix (Tempe SC). I called the showroom in Scottsdale, expressed interest, and they had a CPO adviser (Justin) contact me the next day. I put down my deposit on a '14 P85D on 1/17/2018, had a nice 20 min conversation with him and he answered all my questions, took my payment, etc... I did all the homework online the same day (insurance, trade in info, DL pics, etc...) Tesla website says "preparing for trade in offer"...

Estimated time is 4-6 weeks for delivery. He told me he will try to contact me weekly with any updates. I sent a couple emails a few days after deposit asking for pics and a more detailed spec sheet, but never got a response. He did however answer some text messages that I sent him regarding transport fees and insurance. So communication has been alright so far.

I stopped by the Tempe SC today to chit chat with an employee and he basically said they wont know anything about the car until it arrives on the lot.

Also asked him about trading the 21" grey turbine wheels for a set of 19's instead, and he said I would be on my own on finding some, and would need to make a separate appointment to install them as the delivery process alone will take about an hour.

I'm super excited to get the car, and am trying my best to stay patient. But realistically, as long as the car arrives in excellent condition with no mechanical issues and a thorough reconditioning, Ill be happy and am willing to wait it out.

I'll be sure to inspect the car closely and bring up any issues I find before driving off the lot...

Is there an official CPO checklist guide I can follow during pickup that will help ensure I dont miss important details?

I also ordered a CPO thats coming from CA to Phoenix (Tempe SC). I called the showroom in Scottsdale, expressed interest, and they had a CPO adviser (Justin) contact me the next day. I put down my deposit on a '14 P85D on 1/17/2018, had a nice 20 min conversation with him and he answered all my questions, took my payment, etc... I did all the homework online the same day (insurance, trade in info, DL pics, etc...) Tesla website says "preparing for trade in offer"...

Estimated time is 4-6 weeks for delivery. He told me he will try to contact me weekly with any updates. I sent a couple emails a few days after deposit asking for pics and a more detailed spec sheet, but never got a response. He did however answer some text messages that I sent him regarding transport fees and insurance. So communication has been alright so far.

I stopped by the Tempe SC today to chit chat with an employee and he basically said they wont know anything about the car until it arrives on the lot.

Also asked him about trading the 21" grey turbine wheels for a set of 19's instead, and he said I would be on my own on finding some, and would need to make a separate appointment to install them as the delivery process alone will take about an hour.

I'm super excited to get the car, and am trying my best to stay patient. But realistically, as long as the car arrives in excellent condition with no mechanical issues and a thorough reconditioning, Ill be happy and am willing to wait it out.

I'll be sure to inspect the car closely and bring up any issues I find before driving off the lot...

Is there an official CPO checklist guide I can follow during pickup that will help ensure I dont miss important details?

Congrats on the CPO! Any chance your adviser is Justin Boordbalash? If so thats my guy too. Justin is more responsive if you just call him directly, but from what I've seen hes not going to give super frequent updates on his own. If you want to see some extra details about your car, you can use this took that user @frosken made Tesla Model S Options Decoder Login to your tesla account, go to manage and copy the link address at the "view spec" button. Paste that into the tool and youll get some more info about options.

Where is the CPO located? Possibly east coast? I was quoted 3-5 weeks only because my CPO is coming from CA.

This guide is probably the best one I've seen so far, but its buried in a bunch of other stuff so I'm planning to parse it all down into my own document. Definitely a good idea to not sign anything until you inspect thoroughly. Keep us updated!

Congrats on the CPO! Any chance your adviser is Justin Boordbalash? If so thats my guy too. Justin is more responsive if you just call him directly, but from what I've seen hes not going to give super frequent updates on his own. If you want to see some extra details about your car, you can use this took that user @frosken made Tesla Model S Options Decoder Login to your tesla account, go to manage and copy the link address at the "view spec" button. Paste that into the tool and youll get some more info about options.

Where is the CPO located? Possibly east coast? I was quoted 3-5 weeks only because my CPO is coming from CA.

This guide is probably the best one I've seen so far, but its buried in a bunch of other stuff so I'm planning to parse it all down into my own document. Definitely a good idea to not sign anything until you inspect thoroughly. Keep us updated!

Yes, its Justin Boordbalash. Ill give it a few more days then call him to see whats up. My car is coming from CA. Quoted 4-6 weeks.

And thanks so much for posting the vin decoder and guide, its super helpful!

I was finally contacted by my OA who was out due to a death in the family. My CPO car was in San Diego and has been transferred to Buena Park to go through the refurb process and inspections. My OA said that Beuna Park is one of the better locations in his mind and they can get parts quickly in California versus shipping to some of the other hubs. He said I should have the vehicle no later than the end of February which would be 6 weeks and he would expect it to be sooner as they already shipped the car to Buena Park although nothing has started on it there.

Similarly, I am still getting the 6 weeks time frame estimates.
Ordered on 1/2, and yesterday after pinging my DS again he notified me that the car is still in reconditioning until next Wednesday, by then they should be able to request transport to Seattle area (from Chicago) which will take 2 more weeks.

The waiting is tough and too much questioning if I made the right call... ugh be here already!