Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S January Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since I placed my CPO order.. so bummed! Rep said last week that delivery would happen this weekend but haven't heard a peep from them and no response to follow-up. They did however take the tax, etc payment out of my bank account on Friday. Excited but this timeline is killing me. Is all of the paperwork signed online before you go to pick up the vehicle?

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since I placed my CPO order.. so bummed! Rep said last week that delivery would happen this weekend but haven't heard a peep from them and no response to follow-up. They did however take the tax, etc payment out of my bank account on Friday. Excited but this timeline is killing me. Is all of the paperwork signed online before you go to pick up the vehicle?
Sorry to hear that for sure. With the flurry of deliveries at EOQ (end of quarter), there are reports of delays all over the place. My adviser team was at least very good about communication so that I'd know what to expect and when, even if there were going to be delays. If the funds have been withdrawn already, then you are definitely going to be taking delivery soon. Most/all of the paperwork is indeed done online. As long as your're at 6/6 on the Tasks page, you're good to go. I didn't have financing to deal with so can't speak about that. The only papers i needed to physically sign were for my trade-in (DMV, odometer affidavit, Title, etc.) and the actual Sales Agreement. That's it.
Good luck on your impending delivery! You will be treated like royalty, no different than a new-car buyer. The sight of your car sitting on the delivery floor either by itself or next to one other car is unlike anything else. The wait will indeed be worth it!

Thanks for the reassurance (and sympathy), guys! I'm at 4/4 tasks completed on my Tesla account, but it's been that way since last week. I think it would be mentally easier to deal with the delays if they had better communication. They were originally telling me that it would be ready for delivery at the end of February! I did get a message from the SC yesterday that said they don't know where my car is or when it will be delivered and it sounds like the rep has gone silent on both of us. Getting worried because my financing offer and insurance quote are set to expire in the next few days. I also commute 90+ miles per day for work so the mileage is ever increasing on my trade-in.

In better news, drove out to CA from Phoenix last week and saw at least 5 truckloads of Model 3s heading eastbound : )

So I put my deposit down 6 days ago, and the CPO advisor called me the next day and said I should have my car by the end of this week (as in 10 days total from deposit). Reading this thread, that seems to be not likely at all huh?
Definitely possible. This just means your car has already gone through the refurbishment process. That's what happened with me. Longest delay was transport from Cali. See if you can get your Adviser to send you the refurbishment checklist. Mine was able to get it for me. Be forewarned that having it could cause you a little more stress because you see "everything" that was "wrong" with the car.

Definitely possible. This just means your car has already gone through the refurbishment process. That's what happened with me. Longest delay was transport from Cali. See if you can get your Adviser to send you the refurbishment checklist. Mine was able to get it for me. Be forewarned that having it could cause you a little more stress because you see "everything" that was "wrong" with the car.

Good to know. As hopeful as I'd like to be it seems my OA has gone dark and has not responded in a few days. So I'm guessing delivery in 3 days is probably not happening.

Good to know. As hopeful as I'd like to be it seems my OA has gone dark and has not responded in a few days. So I'm guessing delivery in 3 days is probably not happening.
So strange that there’s a wide range of experiences in communication. I’m in Oregon, my CPO OA is in WA, the car came from CA. I was informed the entire way. When the car arrived in town, I immediately got a call from my local DA saying the truck literally just pulled in. After intros and setting a delivery date, he walked out back and snapped some as-is photos and sent them to me. Car was dirty, etc., but he assured me it’d be in tip-top shape come delivery day. A day before my scheduled delivery, he called to say service found the sunroof weather stripping was missing a chunk so the part was ordered. He gave me the option of waiting a couple days to take possession or stick to the plan and then schedule a follow-up.
I naturally wanted the car asap and figured I’d find a few things to get addressed after driving so could lump it all in to the follow-up appt, which is now tomorrow (creaking door panel and headliner, one USB port not functioning).
Here’s hoping your delivery is soon and blows you away like mine was.

Update from order placed 01/25... got notification today that the vehicle has arrived at my SC and is being detailed and will be ready for delivery tomorrow! Unfortunately I am heading out of town and may not be able to pick it up before I leave. Any tips for preparing for, inspecting and picking up?