Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S January Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the club. The one thing I was told by the DS is that all CPOs get new tires as my inspection check list noted 9mm of tread which would be brand new. He said all cars get them...which I don't believe to be true but was his word.

I might be wrong, however my car came with 6mm of thread (at least on the inspection, I need to measure myself) and the tires were not replaced.

New to the forum. Am intently monitoring the various websites in search of a P85(D) CPO car. Actually missed two great lease returns this week by minutes. Hit “Submit” on the $1K deposit only to get an error message. Refreshed the page and the car disappeared. :( No matter, another suitable one will come soon I’m sure.
I’m very interested in seeing others report out on condition of the car at delivery like you have @aromasca. Condition of the paint and seats are my top concerns. Also, what will they agree to fix from your punch list? Thanks I’m advance! Looking forward to being an MS owner.

To be honest, I am not buying a new car.. I bought a car with 42k miles on it and it was in better condition that I could have kept it for so many miles for sure at least esthetically. When I got home, I also noticed a scratch on the driver side fog lights which I asked to be added to the due bill for them to fix.

I am however bringing my car back to service on Tuesday next week as I have a rattle coming from the dashboard driver side at 60+- mph and will report back on that experience.

It seems like their process is very geared to get you the car delivered as soon as they can, and then take care of things in their regular service operation which makes sense for them, not sure its the ideal customer experience tho.

I put a deposit down on a 2013 MS on 01/25. Have been doing additional research online regarding the CPO process and am now terrified. Has anyone walked away from a CPO delivery after seeing their vehicle in less than acceptable condition? I've been experiencing the same lack of communication and follow through from my rep.
As others have stated, the communication (rather lack thereof) is sparse, which can be terrifying, but almost all CPO experiences I’ve read about stated the car at delivery was in great condition and that they’d take care of punch list items with not much push back. I’m hoping to see more positive delivery responses here.

My OA provided me the checklist. I can send you mine as an example if you want.

If you want to send it to me that'd be cool and much appreciate. I just received not a bill of repairs but the summary from the initial inspection, they replaced the tires, installed a new ramp for the pano roof, replaced wiper blades, replaced the lug nuts, replaced both inner tail light assemblies. Assuming some body work went on as well.

they are super hush hush about any work done to my CPO before I took delivery of it.

they def hurried to get the delivery done and scheduled a few minor things for after delivery. (windshield, trunk alignment, fog lamps weren't working right). so that may have been a deliver the cars by end of year and schedule fixes for Jan. I was fine with that honestly.

Took delivery of my 2014 P85+ today in Tempe,

I found a few issues with it and they were going to order parts needed and then have me bring it in to take car of it all, Also found a few other things after i got home, so will let them know about those also. But overall i am happy with how everything went

Very happy with Andy at the Tempe AZ SC for Delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Olds442

I found a few issues with it and they were going to order parts needed and then have me bring it in to take car of it all, Also found a few other things after i got home, so will let them know about those also. But overall i am happy with how everything went

What type of issues have you found? Prepping my list of things to check for.

God we have the same looking car externally except mine came with tinted windows haha :)

Congrats and enjoy, she looks perfect!

I found 2 paint issues (believe they were repainted during the CPO process)
A pillar on the pass side had almost like a cigarette burn on it (not sure that is what it was, but kinda looked like it)
1 headlight (beam) was very discolored

After driving it the TPMS came on, I do reset it and it went off, will have to drive more to see if it comes on again
Noticed the alignment on the frunk isn;t to my liking, so i will bring that up when i bring the car back for the other things

Was Andrew Jaime your guy for today? Currently working with him now and hes awesome. Also, the car is gorgeous!

Those who have taken delivery recently, do you have a list of things to check that you prepared. Do you mind sharing it? Finally got the news my car is being delivered to the SC and will be ready for pickup next week. Spoke with my DS and he was very helpful. Tomorrow is the big day when the date for delivery is going to be set.

Reactions: Olds442
Seems like we're all finally getting our cars. I spoke with my DS last Friday and told me he didnt know where my car was at all, no info and would get back to me by Monday or Tuesday which never happened. Then I get a call from him today saying the car randomly showed up today at my local SC. It being on the delivery truck for the past day or two was unbeknownst to him.

We made an appointment to pick it up Wednesday the 21st, provided there are no major issues on final inspection. I placed the deposit 1/17, so thats 4.5 weeks. Not bad, other than the lack of communication, which I believe is a problem with Tesla's willy-nilly CPO system rather than the CPO advisers or DS not doing their job.....

You would think they would have developed some sort of simple database which keeps track of the car in stages. A simple scan of a barcode by an employee and then info stored on Tesla servers for customers to view online without having to bug the advisers. They are probably sick and tired of having to call around to get info, pics, dealing with the whole "he said, she said" etc...

Seems like we're all finally getting our cars. I spoke with my DS last Friday and told me he didnt know where my car was at all, no info and would get back to me by Monday or Tuesday which never happened. Then I get a call from him today saying the car randomly showed up today at my local SC. It being on the delivery truck for the past day or two was unbeknownst to him.

We made an appointment to pick it up Wednesday the 21st, provided there are no major issues on final inspection. I placed the deposit 1/17, so thats 4.5 weeks. Not bad, other than the lack of communication, which I believe is a problem with Tesla's willy-nilly CPO system rather than the CPO advisers or DS not doing their job.....

You would think they would have developed some sort of simple database which keeps track of the car in stages. A simple scan of a barcode by an employee and then info stored on Tesla servers for customers to view online without having to bug the advisers. They are probably sick and tired of having to call around to get info, pics, dealing with the whole "he said, she said" etc...

Are you picking up in Tempe? If so, I may see you there! (have an appointment on Wednesday at 11AM..if all goes well) My DS also was confused if my car had arrived yet or was still on the truck. Very odd. I could end up taking delivery before Wednesday if the car has arrived.

Yes, Tempe Wednesday at 4PM. My car is already there, but it does take them a day or two to do a final inspection, full detailing, paperwork, etc... They offered for me to pick up Tuesday but I couldnt make it, so Wednesday it is. And Im assuming they are slammed right now, which may be why Saturday was not offered to me. And they dont do deliveries on Mondays...

Congrats to everyone!

Congrats! Is that Midnight Silver or Metallic Grey?

Quick question for those who have taken delivery. I used the electronic payment option about 3 days ago to make my down payment but Tesla hasn’t debited that money from my account. Do they wait until you sign the papers initiate the electronic fund transfer? Taking delivery in 5 days and wanna make sure they get their dough.