TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CPO Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SabrToothSqrl, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Any ideas when we will see some CPO Model Xs?

2. jcobb

jcobb Member

In about 3 years when leases and buyback guarantees kick in.

3. Monkey

Monkey Member

Probably sooner than 3 years. Some may trade in their X to pick up a new S or X as their needs change or with larger battery or possibly AutoPilot 2.0 or other such things that may come along in < 3 years. Some CPOs will show up that have been used for showroom demo and loaner cars. Or where someone leased and then used the happiness guaranty. After 1500 miles on them, they can no longer be sold as new here in the USA. I wouldn't expect a significant number of CPO X's until the lease returns come in.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I picked up a CPO S85, late 2013 (Nov I think) in Feb of 2015... so just over a year.

Xs took delivery in late 2015... so early 2017?

I'm shooting for a 2017 CPO X90D in 2018, as my S is out of warranty 3/2019.

Of course I still haven't DRIVEN an X because... there aren't any? enough? My friends are as broke as me? lol

Maybe if I could play with the online configuration I'd be pushed over the edge to buy a X70D now... I like to play with/read as much as I can before I spend $90k...

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

My guess mid next year or sooner. I think we will see inventory X before cpo X.

6. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

Since the battery is upgradeable to a larger capacity battery and they have put in almost every option ahead of time and they can just turn it on remotely, there is no reason to trade up just do an upgrade. I doubt you will see any CPO for at least 24 months. If you do it would be very rare where someone defaulted on their lease. I doubt if anyone would pay a penalty to downgrade to an "S".