TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

CPO model x

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Daniel.me___, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

74616429-44F6-49FC-AECA-453D7388CF0D.png I was looking on the tesla cpo site and I found I fully loaded x p90d ludicrous for $100,000, you should probably know that I am seriously considering a brand new model x 75d fully loaded. Both cars cost the same, and I was wondering which one I would get. The color is exactly the one I want, and so are all of the options. I am especially concerned because early model x cars had bad production quality. Please help.

2. DrivingRockies

Do you care about the extra range? If not, I'd go the 75D Route.

3. DrivingRockies

Also, have you considered depreciation (some already eaten by the original owner of the 90) and the tax incentives that the new one would have?

4. hmcgregoraz

hmcgregoraz Member

A lot of the CPO decision should/would come down to your ability to claim all or almost all of the tax incentives with a new purchase.

If you can, new/inventory tends to make sense.

If you can't, CPO makes sense, as the original owner taking the tax incentives is already factored into the price.

That being said, we love our X90D

-Harry

5. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

Thanks from r all of the input in New York the tax credit is 7500 plus 2000 state incentive. However, the appeal mostly comes from the fact that I am getting such a high end car for about $60000 less than originally. Could anybody give any insight as to the build quality of such an early car. I also doubt that there is much battery degredation because of the relatively low miles that the car has driven.

6. DrivingRockies

What month was it produced? My Oct 2016 X has been great. A few squeaks that were quickly taken care of.

7. DrivingTheFuture

This one still has a long way to go before it's out of warranty. Ours was in the 20k range in terms of VIN and I'd say after 6 mos they've finally worked all the kinks out... Mostly one falcon door was finicky... Get the fast one :) they'll make sure it stays in working order or better :)

8. Terthen

Terthen Member

I would also consider AP1 vs AP2. Regarding build quality I have a Dec 2016 model x and I did have to go to service center 4 times in the first few months of ownership to get a couple things that broke fixed. It's only been like 3 months since our last service center visit so I think jury is still out.

9. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

I’m actually more worried about massive panel gaps between the doors. Because when ever I happen to see an early model x the panel gaps are huge. Also could anybody shed some light on how much the battery has probably degraded after 20,000 miles.

10. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

This car is vin 117

11. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

Could anybody also shed some light on their cpo experience?

12. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

Correction...

Only $500 New York State incentive.

13. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

I do understand that the cpo car will effectively be $8000 dollars more than a brand new 75d, but the attraction of having such a high performance car at such a low price is a huge incentive.

14. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete Champion

I had the same dilemma, went for a new discounted inventory 90D. If there are any left, go for it. If you only care about performance the non P is sufficient but you could go for the P90D.

15. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

Can you request the service records or history for the CPO? Might reveal problems that the previous owner may have had with this Founders Edition.

16. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

How do you know it is a founders edition

17. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

I would also be interested what the cpo refurbishment process consists of.

18. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

F in front of the F00117 VIN number is for Founders Edition. All Founders Editions were basically fully loaded and options for color, seating and wheels.

If there is an "S" it means Signature Edition and if there is a "P" it is for production vehicle used for Model S.

19. Daniel.me___

Daniel.me___ Member

Thanks

20. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Yes, it's a loaded Founders edition.. a historic vehicle
    downside is possible issues with the very early build (before production 001 even).. what a great dilemma to have!

Model X P90D 5YJXCBE45GFF00117 | Tesla