Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO or Inventory Purchase Experience in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will outline my CPO experience ... so far, as I don't have the car yet.

• ...Extensive period of time watching cars on CPO web site...
  • Jun 26, Spotted P85D CPO on Tesla Site, scheduled a test drive for a similar car the next day (saturday)
  • Jun 27, test drive a P85D with wife and kid in Montreal. Get a green light for a deposit...
  • Jun 27, deposit on what was probably the first P85D Canadian CPO, car is located in Toronto
  • Jun 27, received pictures of 13 scratches and brush-off for the actual car in Toronto
  • Jun 27, I responded to picture email with questions and comments on what required fixing from my perspective
  • Jul 6, received email from DS that Toronto will be fixing something in the front-suspension, no answer to previous questions
  • Jul 6, replied with same questions and asking details about what required fixing (and why?)
  • Jul 16, salesman sends email introducing my DS...that had introduced himself 10 days earlier
  • Jul 16, I reply that introduction have been done and I'm waiting on responses to previous emails
  • Jul 24, polite email reminder
  • Jul 31, email reminder
  • Aug 4, still no news, acknowledgement email, sight or sound...

So here I am spending some 'quality time' on TMC forum!...

And now with time, one starts having doubts as I've just read that we can not buy extended warranties to cover the full 8 years on CPOs...
The warranty is supposedly 4 years from your purchase date and that's it(except for the standard motor/battery full 8 years)...no possible extension...
Disappointing to say the least. Well make sure everything is pristine and perfect before you accept and sign, as i'm sure you've seen cyclone's comments the last few days. Let us know how things go, hopefully this is just a hiccup with it being a busy long weekend holiday and all here.

Disappointing to say the least. Well make sure everything is pristine and perfect before you accept and sign, as i'm sure you've seen cyclone's comments the last few days. Let us know how things go, hopefully this is just a hiccup with it being a busy long weekend holiday and all here.

Yes, i've seen his post...and made a phone call and left a message yesterday that was returned the same day. So I guess email is not everyoe's cup of tea.
The car is actually in Montreal and I go have a look at it today!
So moving forward with one big question, is 4 years CPO warranty enough!...

Yes, i've seen his post...and made a phone call and left a message yesterday that was returned the same day. So I guess email is not everyoe's cup of tea.
The car is actually in Montreal and I go have a look at it today!
So moving forward with one big question, is 4 years CPO warranty enough!...

4 years is probably enough. That is also the standard warranty on a new Tesla, and a lot of owners are not buying the extended warranty to 8 years.

Model S is proving to be too expensive for me at the moment, even used. Model 3 might fit the bill better but it's still a complete unknown if they will be able to deliver it in 2017. I'm seriously considering a three year lease on a Lincoln in the meantime.

I leased a Volt in 2012, since at that time only the Founders/early Signature cars were delivering. The Volt was a great 3 year 'bridge' to the Model S, IMHO.