Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO P85D or New 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the P85D has + suspension it is a no brainer for me...otherwise would be difficult...

I say a lot depends on your driving habits... my last 3 cars have been Porsche's so I am more comfortable in a more performance based car where handling is important to me... I find the newer cars to be more "floaty" and less "planted" on the road which I do not particularly care for. If you are coming from something less "sporty" you would be likely more than happy with the 75D. So to me it really depends on how you plan on driving the car, what you are used to in your current vehicle and lastly how long you plan on keeping it...

Another consideration is options... a fully optioned 75D can be significantly more expensive that a fully optioned P85D...get upgraded interior, a sunroof, a color other than black and 21 inch rims and you are quickly into the 90k range (before tax credit) if you matched them up at the same $ amount I would guess that although the 75D has more "standard" features that the P85D would have more options.

I agree with everyone's pros and cons..

75D is more tech advanced (AP 2.5) refreshed front end, center console, new MCU, different interior options, and uncorked it is a 4.2 second car...New means better warranty but also much more depreciation. Plan to be upside down for a while. The other negative on the resale market is that there will be tons of them available in the coming years...

P85D(+)... More fun to drive (IMHO), faster, better handling, AP1 is currently just as capable, next gen seats are very comparable, etc... Other plus for me is that almost all of the depreciation is gone out of that car. You could theoretically drive it or 2 years and get a good deal of your money back from selling it...P85D and P cars in general are less "available" and therefore will likely maintain more value over the long term.

Someone above said that in 3-4 years the P85D would likely have more of a resale value than the newer 75D and i tend to agree with that assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: d-bone