Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cpo p85d vs new 75d

What Tesla Should I Get?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would go for the new 75D. It will be your new car from the get-go. You would have benefit of all the experience that Tesla has had over the intervening years, the many improvements to reliability, better electronics (much faster computer, enhanced autopilot with better computer and sensors), tax rebate, better trade-in value, refreshed look, and a car that is easily fast enough to meet any driving need. Not even a close choice, in my opinion.

Here is how my one year old S75D stacks up against NickJHowe's P85 RWD

upload_2018-5-16_14-2-42.png

The older P will be slightly faster but pretty close. I don't have quarter mile data on a P85 RWD, but I suspect that the power gap would widen at higher speeds when my Back EMF starts to lower the power. In other words, less power for passing at high speeds in the 75D.

Here is how my one year old S75D stacks up against MikeBur's SP85DL AWD. Granted he has ludicrous and my state of charge is lower, but it isn't that close. Notice how the power gap starts to widen after 4 seconds when the Back EMF starts to show due to the smaller rear motor, the lower current and lower voltage.

upload_2018-5-16_15-16-23.png

Also, it is possible that the P100D emulation of the P75D hasn't been updated since last year's uncorking. Does anyone know? You can't check it on the API since only Tesla has the login while in demo mode.

Last edited: