Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Super excited.. I just pulled the trigger on a CPO P85D that I am honestly a little worried about it being to good to be true!. I currently own a MS 85 from early 2014 and am always watching the used market for something better faster :). I found one that fit my requirements for under 60k! A P85D on ev-cpo that only has 7400 miles on it!! Its fully loaded just no all weather or third row. Even has dual chargers. Car Fax is clean, single owner lease that just ended in August. Car was located in FL so no worry about salt brine etc from being up north! Pics look really good, but man I wish they had better higher res pics... 4 year warrenty etc. I hope I just got lucky!!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4thk17h4yhwlpgo/AABwsfq1WrIYpzcd93USbTAma?dl=0

Reactions: P85_DA
THANKS!! I didn't see the staggered rims, cool. I am actually thinking about selling them and get 19s.. I figured I would give the 21s a try first. but those tires are pricey!!
And yes its that early dark blue.. Myself and the rest of family loves the color..

Since you're in NC where weather probably isn't a concern, I'd suggest picking up two more 21"x8.5" turbine rims and using a square setup. That way, tires are much more affordable, and you can rotate your tires front to back. I'm a huge fan of the 21" Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires for the 21" rims.

But in the winter, I do put on 19" rims with snow tires.

Good luck!

BTW, I paid $86k for my almost identical P85D a little over 1.5 years ago. But it had 20k miles with the cold weather package. So that's a pretty great deal with 7,400 miles and CPO warranty.

Thanks for the advice.. I will look in to that square tire idea.. I assume the fronts are 245/35 and the rear 265/35? And yes I am super excited about what a good deal I was able to get. I will be sure and post some pics!!

Man oh man - I actually was talking with my advisor on that EXACT same one! Got the same dropbox link and thought those pics were awesome. Went out of town for the weekend and thought, I'll let fate decide, if it's still there on Tuesday when I get back, I'll pull the trigger! Doh.:eek::confused:

Way to go, that is an unbelievable car for that price. I am in the same boat - have an 85D that I wouldn't mind upgrading if the price is right.
Please share updates after you take delivery, would love to hear if it is in as great shape as it appears.

Congrats!!

Reactions: tskguy
Well I am literally on the way home with my new to me 2014 p85d!!! It’s absolutely stunning!! The seats and rest of The interior
Is what I would describe as brand new.. pretty perfect really! The outside is as close to perfection as you could hope for..took my breath away! Only one small ding or two.. nothing I can buff out by hand! Only 7450 miles when I picked it up..my only complaint so far is the backup camera seems to be out of focus.. I am planning on getting the newer one anyway.. it should be covered by the warranty.. man I feel like I stole it!!!
It for sure has a better feeling due to the plus suspension!! Also 0-60 in 3.something is the best! So fun! And so far AP1 is. Rey very handy!! Pics will be uploaded tomorrow...
Man I feel super lucky..

• Love
Reactions: GSP and P85_DA
Oh and to answer the last question..
The differences I see so far is handling and range.. my ms85 at 100% is 260 this one is around 240 at 100. I may see some further degradation mostly due to me actually driving this car. I will watch and push the service team if needed.. oh and of course speed... this is damn rocket.

Reactions: Benjanos
Hey all,

Super excited.. I just pulled the trigger on a CPO P85D that I am honestly a little worried about it being to good to be true!. I currently own a MS 85 from early 2014 and am always watching the used market for something better faster :). I found one that fit my requirements for under 60k! A P85D on ev-cpo that only has 7400 miles on it!! Its fully loaded just no all weather or third row. Even has dual chargers. Car Fax is clean, single owner lease that just ended in August. Car was located in FL so no worry about salt brine etc from being up north! Pics look really good, but man I wish they had better higher res pics... 4 year warrenty etc. I hope I just got lucky!!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4thk17h4yhwlpgo/AABwsfq1WrIYpzcd93USbTAma?dl=0
Looks amazing. Ironically, just today my mother told me she just read a story about people in Florida shipping cars out that received water damage. Getting them out of state to sell for cheap. I’m by no means saying or assuming this is the case for this particular car, but it was a story none-the-less. I’m currently Tesla hunting as well, its was more of a motherly “worry” she told me to look out for buying a used car :)

More Than 200,000 Flood Damaged Cars Back On U.S. Roads | CARFAX

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Looks amazing. Ironically, just today my mother told me she just read a story about people in Florida shipping cars out that received water damage. Getting them out of state to sell for cheap. I’m by no means saying or assuming this is the case for this particular car, but it was a story none-the-less. I’m currently Tesla hunting as well, its was more of a motherly “worry” she told me to look out for buying a used car :)

More Than 200,000 Flood Damaged Cars Back On U.S. Roads | CARFAX

I doubt Tesla would put flood damage in CPO ...my P85D had small accident and on lease return was determined not worthy for CPO...it’s still being used as a loaner in CA;)

Reactions: tskguy and TapHabit