TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CPO P90D MX

Discussion in 'Model X' started by acesguerra, Jul 26, 2018.

1. acesguerra

acesguerra Member

Hey everyone,

I saw a multi-coat RED MX p90D on the Tesla CPO website for $87,700 ( as of 7/26/18) I am really consider it compared to a 75D, is this a clear choice over the 75D, reliability wise, built wise, warranty wise etc.

Please need your opinions

Thank you
    Ace

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

There is no reliability or warranty advantage to a P90D over a 75D. You get more range and more acceleration, that's it.

3. acesguerra

acesguerra Member

I’m deciding CPO P90D CPO warranty or a new 75D leased. P90D I love of the performance and range aspect with 25k left of warranty or a 75D new leased and return it after x amount of years. Mhmm. I’m stuck between the 2.

4. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Ah, you're comparing to a new 75D? Even then, there's no difference in reliability or warranty, other than the miles left on the CPO's warranty. There were some early Model X units that had issues, but by now all of those have been removed from circulation — certainly it wouldn't have made it to 25,000 miles if it was a lemon, let alone into the CPO pool.

I have a 75D Model S and I love it (now at 15,000 miles); the performance of a P would be nice, but I'd be more interested in the extended range of a 90 or higher battery pack.

Either way, you've got more than enough warranty to work out if there's anything persistently wrong with the CPO.

• Like x 1
  5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

ish, if you have 22's on the P90D you have less range than a 75D with 20's. :D

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

That’s an older P90 with non fold flat seven seat ...personally I would get that P100 listed for 12k more ...the early 90 V1 packs had issues with degradation ..my concerns would be on pack version ..this has AP1 and non fold flat .. vs the P100 that has AP2

7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...also something to consider the newer Xs have a significantly improved FWD (sensors, switches, hinges ) if u want the P that 100 CPO is a good price

• Like x 1