Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO pics - some of them in great shape and some so-so

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of those cars look like they came from a junk yard with scratches and damage all over.

Other cars actually look decent as they should. What a shame they can't have standards and sell used cars in decent shape like a Hyundai or Kia dealer would. :rolleyes:

I really hope with Tesla setting up their own body shops, they will use those body shops to refurbish these cars as needed, so they don't try sell a car that a customer would be embarrassed to drive home.

Until Tesla fixes their horrible CPO Program, anyone looking for a used Tesla should really consider a private party sale. If you go the CPO route, be ready to reject delivery if the car is all banged up with dents and scratches.

Yeah, some of those looked pretty damn rough. These days, I guess a CPO buyer has to budget to pay Tesla to refurbish the car a bit more...

They are already selling CPO cars higher than what dealers sell similar Tesla cars but the dealer cars are actually refurbished to look like new and are in immaculate shape for the most part. So there's no money to "set aside" for refurbishing by the customer because the customer is already paying a lot for these cars.

It's astounding that somehow car dealers sell used Teslas in better condition than Tesla.

As suggested by many others, if you want to be treated fairly and offered a car in decent shape you are better off buying private party until Tesla decides to fix this mess of offering cars that look like they came from a junkyard. The only good news is that some Tesla CPO cars are in decent shape so anyone going the Tesla CPO route should be ready to keep rejecting cars until they give you an undamaged car.

Whatever you do, don't pay for your CPO car until you see it and very carefully inspect it.

Reactions: cliffud
I filled out the form on one of the cars, then I got email from someone saying that that car was sold and here are more options. It looks like this cpo process is getting streamlined - the photos come from different auction sites / etc. - so maybe they are subcontracting someone to take pictures / estimate damage. It seems as CPO inventory is cycling quickly, also I noticed FL prices are kind of high compared to the rest of the country - not sure what to make of it- cars in better condition / less competetive market / or something else.

There are so many post about CPO cars. None good.
Did you get to see and test drive your CPO before you paid?? Everyone says no.
Was the price negotiated? No
I researched about 50 non CPO cars. Finally settled on one. Called many times. Negotiated. Fremont told me the service records.
I flew up to Atlanta, drove it. Great car.
Paid CASH for car. Got a real deal.
Drove off on 1500 mile road trip. Never looked back.