Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here actually been successful in requesting pictures from the CPO website? They claim to email you actual pictures of the cars within 24 hours, but I have tried multiple times for the past few weeks and no pictures have ever arrived. I tried asking my CPO advisor about it and she has been MIA for past few weeks too.

So just wondering if anyone else has been successful, or maybe CPO is short staffed at the moment?

I received pictures before picking up the car. My CPO came from San Diego to Atlanta, and my advisor was able to send me pics both before the car left SD and after it arrived in Atlanta.

I’ve read a lot of issues people have had with the CPO process, but mine was pretty flawless. If I recall, the entire transaction took 2-3 weeks between ordering and picking up the car here in Atlanta. My advisor was based in Florida - I can dig up his name if you need.

I received pictures before picking up the car. My CPO came from San Diego to Atlanta, and my advisor was able to send me pics both before the car left SD and after it arrived in Atlanta.

Sounds like you had to commit to a purchase before you got any pictures sent. Each vehicle listing now has a button to request photos, that collects your name, email address, and zip code. It's optional for you to enter a phone number. The form states that you'l be emailed pictures within 24 hours, but instead you're contacted by a Sales Advisor and placed on a mailing list, even if you don't check the box indicating you permit contact from a Tesla representative.

Reactions: xanatos
Sounds like you had to commit to a purchase before you got any pictures sent. Each vehicle listing now has a button to request photos, that collects your name, email address, and zip code. It's optional for you to enter a phone number. The form states that you'l be emailed pictures within 24 hours, but instead you're contacted by a Sales Advisor and placed on a mailing list, even if you don't check the box indicating you permit contact from a Tesla representative.
Why would you voluntarily provide your email address if you didn’t want t he contacted?

I also got pictures of the car I purchased CPO. At first they were a little hesitant as the car was going to be reconditioned and had a few flaws. The pictures were of a slightly dirty car in a lot with other cars, but definitely the car I bought. The sales person took pics of the flaws (curb rash, etc) and that was completely fixed by the time I saw the car in person. Honestly, my car looked new when I got it. Other than the wait for reconditioning it was a seamless experience.

True - I had to commit by putting down the deposit on a specific car (I think it was $1,000). The advisor told me that if the car wasn't satisfactory when I saw it in person, I could have moved that deposit to another car. I never had to go down that road, so who knows how easy that would have actually been.

But it sounds like the process has changed a little over the past year.

I also got pictures of the car I purchased CPO. At first they were a little hesitant as the car was going to be reconditioned and had a few flaws. The pictures were of a slightly dirty car in a lot with other cars, but definitely the car I bought. The sales person took pics of the flaws (curb rash, etc) and that was completely fixed by the time I saw the car in person. Honestly, my car looked new when I got it. Other than the wait for reconditioning it was a seamless experience.
Pictures are even more helpful now that Tesla doesn't recondition their CPO vehicles.

Reactions: xanatos
It seems like some people are sharing their experiences from the older CPO process which is fine but not quite what I was asking about.
In the current process the website has a button that explicitly states they will send you pictures within 24 hours. It seems like one person on this thread has been pretty successful getting those pictures. Unfortunately I have not received pictures for even 1 car .
I'm hoping we get some more responses from other people who have tried. I'm just trying to determine what the hold up is.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
I was finally able to get in touch with my CPO advisor after 3 weeks. Things learned:
1) apparently the picture request process is completely manual. meaning when you click the button, it probably sends an email somewhere, and a person has to actually respond to it by finding the pictures, attaching it to an email and sending it to you. that is obviously a very tedious process and apparently they are overwhelmed, which explains the slow or non-existing responses to the picture requests.
2) she suggested the quickest way to get pictures is to actually put a deposit down on the car, because then you are immediately pushed to the top of the line and you will get the pictures within 48 hours. after receiving the pictures, you have 72 hours to either proceed or cancel. so you can at least lock in the car, check out the pics, and decide it's ok or not.
3) as usual the CPO advisors are overloaded, and as a result are mainly focused on people already committed to cars (ie already put deposit down) and less focused on general inquiries. as an example, my advisor told me over the weekend she received 800+ emails which is pretty impossible to sort through. so if you don't get any replies from your advisor, now you know why.
4) not directly related, but regarding the lack of cosmetic reconditioning, it's purely due to lack of time. they simply don't have the time nor manpower to recondition all the cars coming back. they also don't have the space to hold all of them. so it's easier to just sell them as is and only fix up the mechanical issues. even then, they may not fix minor mechanical issues (ie door handles acting funny), only major ones. the minor ones they expect the customer can schedule a service visit.

Really? Has not been my experience at all.

I’ve had two used car advisors (the first one got transferred to a different department). Both have been able to provide pictures within 30 mins or less. It seems they pre-take the pictures now and have them ready to go on Dropbox or google drive. Note: I’m only looking at California cars.

I have also put down the deposit, got pictures after, and then instantly requested cancellation with refund. I guess the best strategy now is to put the deposit down first and request pictures right after. Don’t see any downside, if you don’t like it just cancel.

Reactions: Russell and xanatos
Really? Has not been my experience at all.

I’ve had two used car advisors (the first one got transferred to a different department). Both have been able to provide pictures within 30 mins or less. It seems they pre-take the pictures now and have them ready to go on Dropbox or google drive. Note: I’m only looking at California cars.

I have also put down the deposit, got pictures after, and then instantly requested cancellation with refund. I guess the best strategy now is to put the deposit down first and request pictures right after. Don’t see any downside, if you don’t like it just cancel.

How long did it take for you to be refunded? SA advised me that it could take up to 30 days.