Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at adding a second tesla to the fam and have been looking at some of the cars in the CPO program (don't like auto pilot so want pre auto pilot)

anyhow i was given a few options to look at and confirmed that the battery and drivetrain warranties remain the same but that the warranty is increased to 100k or 6 years from build date bumper to bumper.

Anyone else think the same warranty should follow ALL our cars (currently have a 13 P85. Would be nice but not a deal breaker.

You want Tesla to basically extend your warranty indefinitely for free? For the CPO program, they get to inspect the cars before making the offer, and i'm sure they built the cost of the extended warranty into the pricing they are offering.

No I don't want or think I'm entitled to anything for free. I guess I was saying that with the old roadster program it was 37k miles but this is above and beyond that. One of the cars I'm looking at only has 8300 miles on it. I was just stating a simple fact that it would be nice if all cars had a 100k warranty And not have to buy an extended warranty that several states don't qualify for.

and I don't remember ever saying in my original post anything "indefinite"

- - - Updated - - -

How are you looking at these? Have they added a section to the website? If so, I can't seem to find it. Or are you at a showroom looking at their computers?

i called my local sales department and they've been sending me options via email.

I'm looking at adding a second tesla to the fam and have been looking at some of the cars in the CPO program (don't like auto pilot so want pre auto pilot)

anyhow i was given a few options to look at and confirmed that the battery and drivetrain warranties remain the same but that the warranty is increased to 100k or 6 years from build date bumper to bumper.

Anyone else think the same warranty should follow ALL our cars (currently have a 13 P85. Would be nice but not a deal breaker.

You can disable the Autopilot features in a Model S that has them. I'm sure any questions you have about this can be addressed by Tesla.

You can disable the Autopilot features in a Model S that has them. I'm sure any questions you have about this can be addressed by Tesla.

You can't disable TACC in preference of the old CC.

- - - Updated - - -

You want Tesla to basically extend your warranty indefinitely for free? For the CPO program, they get to inspect the cars before making the offer, and i'm sure they built the cost of the extended warranty into the pricing they are offering.

I dont' think that's at all what OP was saying.

i called my local sales department and they've been sending me options via email.

You may want to double check what the local store is showing you. What you're describing sounds more like inventory cars like the Model S that I just bought. My car was picked up Dec/2014 but was built March/2014. It had 1,200 miles on it approx when I got it, and the price was discounted. So the local store gave me similar info like you, but there was no extended warranty. It is my understanding that the CPO setup isn't going yet, but I could def be wrong. I'd just suggest making sure of that.

If indeed that is really the case, then the 100k/6yr CPO warranty is similar to what Audi offers. And that is probably going to be the best deal Tesla would offer. That is already pretty darn aggressive IMO! It would be sweet if they threw in free service with that too

It is my understanding that the CPO setup isn't going yet, but I could def be wrong.

There was a post from someone else here recently saying it'd just started. They are not posting cars on the Internet and you get access to them just like inventory cars, by asking a sales person about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are the CPOs sourced from? It sounds like there may be a few owners who were pre-selected for the CPO program.

Trade-ins from customers. Believe my S85 I traded in November was put in the CPO program.

- - - Updated - - -

How are the prices compared to buying new? I'd think that the CPO cars would be a tough sell in Washington due to the sales tax exemption which only applies to new vehicles.

Fair post OP. I wish I could settle for pre-auto pilot and RWD, I know I'd save a bundle. I'm such a bargain hunter but this car is making me act irrationally!

With a true CPO you can expect an included warranty extension - but it's not "free" as CPO costs a bit more than a regular ol' used car. But the piece of mind is likely worth it as Tesla service is par excellence. Good luck! If they don't have what you want right now, wait a month or two, I'm betting they're going to have much more inventory in the coming weeks/months for customers like you,

The cars they sent me are definately CPO cars. Mileage is anywhere from 13k to 21k. You can tell the difference because with an inventory car when you get a quote it lists out everything and then gives a "showroom discount" whereas these they send the original Monroney and that's how you know original cost and what's on it and then they give a blank quote page.

Mother CPO program started 2/1 however I was told that they weren't going to list them on websites they're going to (at this point anyhow) handle them like they do inventory cars where you have to call in.

So how do the prices compare to msrp? @Alysashley79

From what I experienced personally most of the inventory cars end up being $10-15k off just based on age and mileage. How does that compare to the CPO cars?

Well they don't show the discount. But here is an example of one of the cars
P85+ vin in the 13,000's with 12,287 miles ODO
pano
child seats
tech
twin chargers
HPWC
Active air
pearl white
21" grey wheels
sound package
original price $116,470
quote $97,000
so...the prices IMO are very inflated over what I could buy private sale right now. Obviously if have the extended warranty (which I cannot buy in wa state) but at this price I'll probably seriously consider 85D later this year.

You can't disable TACC in preference of the old CC.

Uhhh, has that changed since the initial 6.1 versions? Push the button to turn cruise/TACC on. Pull the lever toward you to enable TACC --- OR --- Lift the lever up or depress the lever down to enable normal cruise at your current speed. Pretty sure worked that way when I first got 6.1. Haven't tried it in any of the later versions.