Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO purchase, Help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

I had a 2012 all black CPO P85 I was going to get. Speaking to my advisor, he told me there was another P85 listed on the site, however it was a Plus model, and misoptioned on the website.

He assured me it was a plus model.

He finally sent me the window sticker. I know it says plus suspension for $2250, and plus wheels for $4400, but does this look correct?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
Hello everyone.

I had a 2012 all black CPO P85 I was going to get. Speaking to my advisor, he told me there was another P85 listed on the site, however it was a Plus model, and misoptioned on the website.

He assured me it was a plus model.

He finally sent me the window sticker. I know it says plus suspension for $2250, and plus wheels for $4400, but does this look correct?

It doesn't look like the one you posted the sticker (P19761) for is still available.

I did find a P85 and a P85+ available at TeslaInventory.com but the P85 is in Hawaii and would probably cost a pretty penny to ship to NM.
P85
P85+

What features are you looking for exactly?

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the one you posted the sticker (P19761) for is still available.

I did find a P85 and a P85+ available but the P85 is in Hawaii and would probably cost a pretty penny to ship to NM.
P85
P85+

What features are you looking for exactly?

I actually already have it reserved because the advisor told me it was a plus model.

I just want to make sure per the window sticker, if that's what a plus model looked like.

Yes. Though I cannot quote the yr/mth for that VIN readily. I think there is a table here on the forum. I have 51086, delivered as below. My admittedly limited experience has been that cars under approx 25K are not put together as well. More road noise, a few minor squeaks, window and door issues and many have drivetrain issues. Yes, they do replace them, but...

I have had a few annoying issues. None of them major, fortunately. I think my build quality is very good. But I am hearing and reading that it has gotten yards better since my 9-14 dly.

Just something to think about in your search.

Your vin was right around that cutoff when they added it. If my memory is correct, it's the X037 option code...ask the DES if u want a heads up. It'll costs u around 2-3k to retrofit if not....don't ask me how I know this.

Oh and what do u mean by grade A? I've never heard tesla use that terminology when describing their CPO's.

If u got power folding mirrors then I'd say u got a good deal!

Your vin was right around that cutoff when they added it. If my memory is correct, it's the X037 option code...ask the DES if u want a heads up. It'll costs u around 2-3k to retrofit if not....don't ask me how I know this.

I asked @DÆrik Solutions at TeslaInventory.com and he said it wasn't listed as having X037 (power folding mirrors).

He said the options listed for P19761 are S01, RENA, AD02, AU01, BS00, CH00, COL1-PBSB, CW00, DRLH, DV2W, FG01, HP00, HP03, IDCF, IX01, LP01, PA00, PBT85, PF01, PK01, PS01, PX00, QYMB, RFPO, SC01, SP00, SU01, TM00, TP01, TR00, UTMF, WTSS, WTX0, X001, X003, X007, X009, X011, X013, X019, X024, X027, X028, X031, X040, YF00

Then again, if the options are wrong on the website (as it was only listed as P85, not P85+), then maybe those options aren't 100% accurate.

The grading system is what I was told by my CPO of how they grade the initial condition of the vehicle before they recondition it.

The original car I was looking at was a letter B grade. Wheel rash, scratches, stuff like that.

Grade A is minor scratches, minor to no wheel marks, overall a very well taken care of vehicle.

The grading system is what I was told by my CPO of how they grade the initial condition of the vehicle before they recondition it.

The original car I was looking at was a letter B grade. Wheel rash, scratches, stuff like that.

Grade A is minor scratches, minor to no wheel marks, overall a very well taken care of vehicle.

I see, thanks for info....good to know mine would be grade A if/when I do trade it in.

Yes. Though I cannot quote the yr/mth for that VIN readily. I think there is a table here on the forum. I have 51086, delivered as below. My admittedly limited experience has been that cars under approx 25K are not put together as well. More road noise, a few minor squeaks, window and door issues and many have drivetrain issues. Yes, they do replace them, but...

I have had a few annoying issues. None of them major, fortunately. I think my build quality is very good. But I am hearing and reading that it has gotten yards better since my 9-14 dly.

Just something to think about in your search.

VIN P064xx and we're very happy with our Feb 2013 build quality, and the Service Center has given us full support on every fit and finish issue we've raised. We passed 32,000 miles a week ago and currently no squeaks, rattles or other noises.

Not saying there hasn't been early build quality issues, but it seems like they've been worked out, and Tesla has been willing to address those issues under warranty. We have had a few items tweaked/fixed/replaced upon request, and many more things replaced without us mentioning them, and so far, we've paid $0.00 for that.

If the VIN is high enough (early-to-mid 2013 builds), then it likely already has the folding mirror wiring harness, and the retrofit is about $800 (there are threads on this with SC work orders). If you don't have the harness, yes, it's very expensive. My 15xxx VIN has the harness but no mirrors, and I am planning on getting the retrofit done sometime in the future.

VIN P064xx and we're very happy with our Feb 2013 build quality, and the Service Center has given us full support on every fit and finish issue we've raised. We passed 32,000 miles a week ago and currently no squeaks, rattles or other noises.

Same here, mid-2013 build, and I've had no fit-and-finish problems at all.