Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO purchase, Help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm.. Nov 2013 build should actually have the folding mirrors (assuming it has the tech package too), I know my July '13 car "just" missed them. Your car has the parking sensors, and I'm also "pretty sure" they came in just about the same time as the folding mirrors.

We shall see soon enough.

By the way, I was looking at making the same exact plate as you on your avatar picture. Funny.

Yes. Though I cannot quote the yr/mth for that VIN readily. I think there is a table here on the forum. I have 51086, delivered as below. My admittedly limited experience has been that cars under approx 25K are not put together as well. More road noise, a few minor squeaks, window and door issues and many have drivetrain issues. Yes, they do replace them, but...
If we're talking limited experience, my 25K VIN had significantly less noise issues (squeaks and rattles) than my 84K VIN has been having. So it may be a lottery after all.

I asked @DÆrik Solutions at TeslaInventory.com and he said it wasn't listed as having X037 (power folding mirrors).

He said the options listed for P19761 are S01, RENA, AD02, AU01, BS00, CH00, COL1-PBSB, CW00, DRLH, DV2W, FG01, HP00, HP03, IDCF, IX01, LP01, PA00, PBT85, PF01, PK01, PS01, PX00, QYMB, RFPO, SC01, SP00, SU01, TM00, TP01, TR00, UTMF, WTSS, WTX0, X001, X003, X007, X009, X011, X013, X019, X024, X027, X028, X031, X040, YF00

Then again, if the options are wrong on the website (as it was only listed as P85, not P85+), then maybe those options aren't 100% accurate.
As a point of reference, my 25K VIN was one of the first ones that had the power folding mirrors (it was actually retrofitted in the factory after it was already manufactured but before it was shipped out). Assuming this VIN was not delayed, there is a good chance it has no power folding mirrors.

As a point of reference, my 25K VIN was one of the first ones that had the power folding mirrors (it was actually retrofitted in the factory after it was already manufactured but before it was shipped out). Assuming this VIN was not delayed, there is a good chance it has no power folding mirrors.
Ok - I'm waiting on my CPO P85+ - 21075 which does have the power folding mirrors. What is annoying is that I placed my order 5/17 and my delivery guy just learned of the order 2 days ago. Aargh!

I'm not sure the evidence supports this -- there have been 120 CPO cars sold with VINs less than 25000 with the X037 option code, and there's plenty of other evidence that by VIN 25xxx the power folding mirrors were standard equipment with the Tech package. My 15xxx VIN has the PFM wiring harness and just missed getting the mirrors (and parking sensors). So maybe your car was retrofitted with the mirrors, but I'm not sure why it would have been at that point in the production.

I looked through EV-CPO again and missed a few hidden cars... the VINs with the X037 Option code start with P15831 (just 400 cars after mine) and are pretty consistently distributed up to 25xxx.

Just to add another data point: After nearly two weeks and 700 miles in my S, I have not heard any squeaks, rattles, or other evidence of fit and finish problems. My VIN is P02xxx. Not sure if this is because there weren't any or because Tesla fixed them, but overall I am pretty happy with the CPO process. The only thing they missed was one of the lift back support rods is rusted where it connects to the lift back. I am taking it into the service center on June 8th for replacement.

What is annoying is that I placed my order 5/17 and my delivery guy just learned of the order 2 days ago. Aargh!

We purchased our 2013 CPO P85 last year. The car was in Cleveland, OH, we are in Oregon. All together, it took a month to get the car once we had paid our deposit. I think the logistics of getting the car from OH back to the west coast was a bit tricky. They ended up shipping the car back to Fremont, it received service and touch-ups there, and was then shipped out to our service center in Tigard, OR.