Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO purchase timeline at Christmas/NY's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to hit the (used) MS 100D BUY button but am concerned I won't be available for delivery (or driving to get it) if the transaction happens sometime between the next 2 to 3 weeks. The last time I bought, in August 2018, it was a CPO and it took 2 weeks 2 days from start to finish.

As far as timing goes, do you think it might be faster this time of year (because they are rushing to meet end-of-year quotes) or slower due to the Holiday interrupting work schedules?

I don’t get it. Is there CPO MS 100D available? Thought 100D should be an inventory model. Tesla will want to sell this by end of the year for the better result of the earning call.
There are 11 listed on EV-CPO as of this evening. I'm still not ready to buy since I don't want the purchase to fall between the holiday weeks (Christmas and New Years).

I put my deposit down on 12/11 and they wanted me to pickup late this week, but I pushed them off to 12/18 since I have to drive 2 hours to San Diego for pickup.
Thank you for this input. I definitely needed to know, "how long does purchase take" and you nicely answered it! That timeline is MUCH quicker than I'd even anticipated. I've been watching and hoping to buy, but this info tells me I need to wait until at least post-Christmas to initiate.

Thank you for this input. I definitely needed to know, "how long does purchase take" and you nicely answered it! That timeline is MUCH quicker than I'd even anticipated. I've been watching and hoping to buy, but this info tells me I need to wait until at least post-Christmas to initiate.

They made it seem like they generally like it done within 7 days. I picked mine up clear across the county and they didn’t give me any trouble extending it to two weeks. If you have an advisor you could always be up front and tell them you want to do it in January and see what they say. I suspect they aren’t going to say no to a sale.

• Informative
Reactions: Donz_S