TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CPO purchase: when did you pay for delivery fee?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by totem, Aug 27, 2015.

1. totem

totem Member

Hi,
    My CPO delivery is coming up next week and I got the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - Final Price Sheet" just now where it breaks down the cost, government fees, order payment ($1,000 deposit), state inspection fee, the amount they expect from the bank, etc. There's no line for "Delivery fee" (which I was thinking it would be ~$1,500 as the car comes from Chicago and I am in Texas).

For those that purchased a CPO, was this Delivery Fee in your Final Price Sheet or did Tesla ask for it separately (not rolled into the loan) at the time of delivery?

Thanks

2. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

It's on page 1 of my vehicle purchase agreement. The transportation fee is also taxable in CA.
    If Tesla didn't put it on, DON'T ASK, there is a person on this forum said Tesla didn't ask him for it. He saved $1500.

3. totem

totem Member

Thanks for the info freeewilly. I was thinking that I may show up at delivery and they will ask for $1,500 at that time, but I guess not.

Indeed! I guess I got lucky!

4. DBM

DBM New Member

My car was shipped from LA to Hawaii and although they didcharge my credit card $1500.00, at final payment, the charge was credited tothe cost of the car (along with the initial $1000.00 deposit), so I wascredited $2500.000 to the cost of the car.

5. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

Mine was also listed on the Vehicle Purchase Agreement. I'm picking her up on Saturday so they removed it. Sounds like you got lucky! :cool:

6. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

I don't get it. Why Tesla remove the delivery fee when you're picking it up on Saturday?

7. totem

totem Member

@DBM, very nice that you got the $1,500 applied back to the car! The $1,000 deposit goes towards your car when you finalize the transaction, that's usually the case.

@freeewilly, I think Schmidty meant that he is just picking it up from the location where the CPO is, and there won't be an actual transportation of the car, and therefore no delivery fee.

8. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

The removed the delivery fee because I was going to travel from San Diego to Santa Barbara to pick it up in person instead of having them deliver it to San Diego.