TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CPO reservation cancellation, transfer

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Chaitu, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Anyone has experience with cancellation or transfer(to another cpo) their CPO reservation?

2. Zybd1201

Zybd1201 Member

Yes.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  3. playoutside

playoutside Member

Yes, I just asked my advisor to move me from a P85 to P85+ over the phone.

I did not have to pay another $1,000 deposit. I had to pay shipping twice as my first reservation was already shipped.

Both cars appeared in "My Tesla" for a few days before the original P85 was removed.

4. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Was it after 72 hours of reservation?

5. playoutside

playoutside Member

Yes, 1 week +

6. xanatos

xanatos Member

I also did a transfer from a 60 to 85 but it was after 48 hours. The official paperwork seems to indicate you only have 72 hours to transfer but maybe they are lenient.

7. cab

cab Member

It seems you have the 72 hours to switch w/o hassle. After that, it probably comes down to whether they just want to cut you some slack and/or if they've started to prep or ship the car.

8. Syclone

Syclone Member

That's pretty good customer service! I'm just 1 day over 72 hours, hoping to switch from a 85 to a P85. Of course the TOA / DS should understand the need for 600 Nm :)

9. rscott0

rscott0 Member

Actually, the CPO Terms and Conditions says that the $1K deposit ("Order Payment") can be applied to another vehicle for up to 72 hours after a cancellation/default. So if put down the $1K deposit on a CPO, and later you see another car you like before yours is delivered, you can cancel the order and transfer the deposit to the other car.

The other option is to give up the $1K deposit. For example, if you saw a Tesla you wanted on eBay after putting down the deposit, you could buy it, and give up the $1K deposit.