Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Roadster process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster #501, the very first 2.0 I believe, found its way to its new home today via the CPO program :smile:

I just got home from a cruise around town including a show and tell at my fiancee's workplace. She happens to work at the local utility company (power and water). A lot of engineers were gawking. :cool:

Wanted to share a couple of quick pics below. I have definitely have some more thoughts about this long process that I might share later. I just want to enjoy the car for now.

:biggrin:

null-2.jpg

9ec4d2f2-0094-49ac-8658-623a4d37a39f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And one quick note - ideal miles in a standard charge currently reads 187.

Roadster #501, the very first 2.0 I believe, found its way to its new home today via the CPO program :smile:

I just got home from a cruise around town including a show and tell at my fiancee's workplace. She happens to work at the local utility company (power and water). A lot of engineers were gawking. :cool:

Wanted to share a couple of quick pics below. I have definitely have some more thoughts about this long process that I might share later. I just want to enjoy the car for now.

:biggrin:

null-2.jpg

9ec4d2f2-0094-49ac-8658-623a4d37a39f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And one quick note - ideal miles in a standard charge currently reads 187.

Nice. VFX+1 (Eric is #500 - the last of the 2008s).

Another update from Phoenix as well, shrink I'll see you on the road in your beautiful orange 501 - congrats!
After the long wait I am proud to have taken delivery of Roadster 545 today.
First impressions, I'm blown away - the detailing job on it is amazing.
Couple gripes I do have are I didn't get any education on the car or how to charge etc. There is no user manual included. And finally they are out of UMCs so I have to charge on 110V until they can get one to me.
Nonetheless, I'm thoroughly enjoying.
Here's a couple of pics as well (the boxster being replaced can be seen in background).

image.jpg
image2.jpg

(mod note: your images were upside down so I flipped them for you.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I took delivery of 105 on Wednesday! Have been having a blast so far! Currently on the road from Columbus, OH to Cleveland, OH for the weekend. Have my first plugshare appointment with a fellow roadster owner in the area this evening (they have 2 roadsters and 2 MSs!). Nice to have HPWC access!

Awesome to hear all of you getting delivery of your roadsters! I got the call this week that 29 will be ready for me next week in Rockville, MD!! These 7 days are gonna be tough:)...Thanks to everyone here for the great info that made this process much easier to survive, and special thanks to Curt for letting me drive his 76 for an afternoon to solidify my interest in the roadster and grow it into an obsession:))..OK now I have to find something to do for 6 days that will distract me:)

I took delivery of 105 on Wednesday! Have been having a blast so far! Currently on the road from Columbus, OH to Cleveland, OH for the weekend. Have my first plugshare appointment with a fellow roadster owner in the area this evening (they have 2 roadsters and 2 MSs!). Nice to have HPWC access!

CONGRATS!!!

Hope it was worth the wait! Those Plugshare folks have quite the garage! I thought I was a little ridiculous with a LEAF, Volt, and Roadster. They clearly take the cake.

Enjoy your Roadster!

I took delivery of 474 in Menlo Park. Process was a bit slow and it was hard to get their CPO sales dept to respond initially, but when they got going it was smooth.
I did not get any of the freebies that others are getting - the J1772 adapter. I did not ask for a PEM upgrade (should have read this thread) but the PEM looks absolutely new and the battery hold 192 miles on ideal.
The 37/37 warranty is some peace of mind, but I do worry about whether Tesla plans to support the vehicle after that.

No freebies here... And UMC AND J1772 from Tesla are both backordered.

So, L1 charging and occasional visits to Tesla's store (20 miles away) for some charging for my wife's soon to be delivered #78 Roadster.

So, how many of you that jumped into a CPO Roadster was driving another EV/Plug-in Hybrid before getting your Roadster?

I'm an Active E Driver myself (That's why AEdennis on all the boards, rather than pick the more generic EVdennis).

Car should be arriving in Southern California today, and be at the Service Center getting prepped tomorrow (or longer if they find other things) and delivered Monday night at earliest.

We're excited... Just not about L1... I placed an order with hcsharp for the "CAN", but he's waiting on parts, so that's delayed too. My wife will have to go L1.

--Dennis
My Blog
Pending Roadster #78 (any day now) and a delayed Model S (November delivery finalized last week) and my current ride (that I would buy if they let me) BMW ActiveE

My CPO #474 is leaking coolant within 48 hours of taking delivery. There was a 3 inch diameter drop on the floor of my garage below the reservoir. The reservoir is now below minimum. Wonder how service will handle this....