Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Tesla MS Condition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a CPO. 37k miles. It was in great shape. They decided to repaint the rear bumper before I saw it. No idea of what was wrong. No mechanical or cosmetic issues. Did need to have a wheel bearing replaced after about a month.

Tires and brake pads were 60-70% remaining life and so were not replaced. Was told they only change those if below 50% life. Haven't seen that in writing.

Mine was in very good condition for a car with 40k miles. Some wear on the interior, but nothing out of line. As others said, inspect the car closely - delivery is the only shot you get at addressing cosmetic issues.

Reactions: EV33
Honestly, they will likely be like any other car with the same amount of miles. More miles will be more wear. In reality, most cars with say 35K miles on them still look dang near brand new after a wash and detail. Any gross wear items Tesla will take care of, but don't expect a higher mile car to be free from the usual rock chips (they will be touched up usually), etc. We picked up our 2013 CPO with about 45K miles on it and, cosmetically, it looked about the same as our 2012 Volvo XC60 (which we have owned since new) with a similar amount of miles on it. As with all cars, lower miles will likely have less wear. I did purposely pick up a slightly higher mileage car in order to get a loaded P85+ in the color combo I wanted. As I work from home, I knew we would be keeping the mileage low so higher initial miles didn't bother me (heck we have only put 5K more miles on it after 9 months and that includes 1500 miles in out of town trips).

I will say that I was a bit worried how the interior would look on our car, especially since we have the performance seats - I was concerned about the suede-like bolster areas....but it turned out to be a complete non-issue. Indeed, the seats overall seam to have worn very well.

has anyone bought a CPO MS?
I'm wondering if the car came in almost flawless condition or it came with some wear and issues ?

Hello fellow Floridian, On 12/27/16 I took possession of a 2013 P85 with 27.5K miles @ Dania Beach. There were/are three small scratches on the hood. Even in almost darkness (holding a cell phone for lighting), they took touch-up paint to the spots. Pads, rims, tires and DU were changed before I picked it up. All-in-all, I couldn't have been happier.

I recently took a jaunt over to Naples to check out the new showroom there and the SC in Bayfront--both very nice. This Saturday, I'm overnighting it in Orlando. I just love taking drives in it.