TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CPO Tesla - Smart Air Suspension and Tech Package

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Club206, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Club206

Club206 Member

I am looking into buying a CPO Model S. When I go to the Tesla website I do not see a lot of cars past 2014 that have the Tech Package or Smart Air Suspension. What is the reason? Are they built into all cars or I just can’t find them? Thanks everyone!

2. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

• Helpful x 1
  3. Silence88

Silence88 Member

I think that the Tech Package was phased out after a certain point with its components becoming standard equipment or going to other packages. As suggested, EV-CPO makes searching much easier. I used it to find the Model S I purchased.

4. Fobble

Fobble Member

Mid 2015 model year phased out Tech Package, and many features became standard, and the rest (such as power trunk, ambient lighting and LED fog lights) went into Premium Upgrade Package (PUP) .

5. Club206

Club206 Member

Thanks Fobble. Big help.

6. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

Any reason to buy a 2015 vs 2014?

7. AnthonyR0

AnthonyR0 Member

There's a tradeoff between buying a newer vs older CPO-- For a given price and similar mileage, an older CPO will have more features/options as compared to a newer CPO which usually has less (with the exception of the AP, newer 2016+ CPOs will have AP2.x+, whereas older CPOs <=2016 Pre-facelift will have AP1.x).

In regards to the differences between a 2014 and 2015, there will be minute differences between the two; One important consideration is mileage-- For a CPO purchase, usually the older cars may have more mileage, and if the CPO mileage is 50k or greater, the included warranty that Tesla offers is drastically reduced-- For CPO cars with <50k miles, they get the same new car warranty, 4 years or 50k miles starting when you pickup the car. For any CPO that has 50,000 miles or more, this warranty drops to 2 years, 100k warranty. Both also come with the 8-year, unlimited mile separate warranty for the battery and drive units, which starts at the manufacture date of the vehicle, not the CPO purchase date.

This is a list of all the changes and updates of the Model S options by year, which was quite helpful when I was looking to buy a CPO:
    Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

• Like x 1