Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Title Question - For anyone who's bought a CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've locked in a 2015 Model S that I'm excited about. Like many others the CPO process has been just mediocre unfortunately.

One question I had for you all is how long did it take to get the title to the bank and was that an issue for those of you that financed through someone other than Tesla. My big concern with this is the loan has a clause that basically says, "If we don't get the title in 60 days from the start of the loan your interest rate goes from a rather nice 3.24% to a 18.99%."

And since I have no control over when that title is sent that just seems like a heavy risk to take. I understand Tesla is busy and selling alot of cars, but there communication has been slow which leads me to believe it's going to be a good minute before they send that title to the credit union I'm financing through?

Has anyone had issues?

I bought my used Tesla from Tesla with no financing. The car was a lease return. I got the signed title four weeks after the car was delivered.
I had no issues with the entire buying process from pushing the buy button to receiving title. The car is a 2016 with 33,000 miles and it has exceeded my expectations. It looks brand new and it's $38,000 cheaper.

I bought my used Tesla from Tesla with no financing. The car was a lease return. I got the signed title four weeks after the car was delivered.
I had no issues with the entire buying process from pushing the buy button to receiving title. The car is a 2016 with 33,000 miles and it has exceeded my expectations. It looks brand new and it's $38,000 cheaper.

You bought it for 40k?