Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO: Trade-ins, Financing...how's it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Does Tesla accept my trade in car? If so, do they give near KBB value?

2. Does Tesla do financing on CPOs, and if so, what's the rate? I can't find anything on the website.

3. Can I pick up a CPO car from a distant location and save the delivery fee?

4. Any other CPO good to know facts, experiences?

Thank you for your time! Doin' my homework!

Yes, they do trade ins. You will most likely get a wholesale offer, or whatever Carmax will give you, which they will match.

2. Does Tesla do financing on CPOs, and if so, what's the rate? I can't find anything on the website.

Yes, but they act as a sort of broker vs financing themselves. You can apply through them and will be sent on to one of their vendors like Alliant or US Bank. Check the rates at your local credit union as well. Search the forums under alliant to see what rates folks have been getting lately.

3. Can I pick up a CPO car from a distant location and save the delivery fee?

Yes, lots of folks do that. Makes for a fun road trip home.

4. Any other CPO good to know facts, experiences?

Don't apply for financing until you get a delivery date. Same for your trade in. Credit offers are often only good for 30 days at the quoted rate and Tesla will only give you 500 miles leeway with your trade in at their quote. Odds are that won't be enough time to finalize delivery if you do it when you place the order. The process can be slow with lots of periods of no info on your car. You can request the inspection report for your car to see what work had to be done. Make sure you inspect and flag any bothersome cosmetic issues at delivery and get them on your due bill. That's your only chance to flag that stuff.

I'm going through this now, here's my take:

Yes, they accept trade ins. However, I was given a very low valuation when compared to KBB.

As stated above, Tesla doesn't, but acts as a broker. I went through TechCU as they have a special program for Tesla financing. I got a better rate than what's stated on the site, just not sure if I can share broadly.
Tesla Auto Financing - Tech CU

Reactions: MacGreiner