TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CPO Warranty = second class owner?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by daxz, Apr 13, 2018.

1. daxz

daxz Member

I had my P85 in for a warranty repair. The charge port door was fixed quickly at no cost. When I brought the car in I also said that the power brake booster was noisy. I have seen this is a known noisy condition so I didn't think Tesla would do anything with it but wanted to be make sure it was OK. Their response was - the noise does not indicate a problem but since you have a CPO warranty we wouldn't be able to do anything about the noise. I'm not sure why my CPO Warranty was pointed out as a reason they wouldn't do anything about the noise. I suspect that this just may have been an excuse to not look at it and not put it on the service invoice as a concern. My car is an 10/2014 with 43K miles, Wouldn't it have still be covered under standard warranty anyway?

ToothSlayer's 17+ page short and to the point thread is making me question the CPO warranty comment.
    I know there was a recent change with reconditioning of "used inventory" purchases but is there something retroactively happening with CPO warranty too?
    https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf

• Informative x 1
  2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

You should call them and ask. I am curious as well.

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

• Informative x 1
  4. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

The subtle little discrepancies are starting to pile up with Tesla. I don't care if the car is new or CPO, there's a certain standard that comes with buying a new car at over $80K. The same can be said when you're buying a used car at over $60K. Expectation management shouldn't be hidden for the customer to figure out.

• Like x 2
  5. daxz

daxz Member

The advisor I spoke to thought that there was something different between CPO/New but wasn't able to locate anything specific they could give me. Their manager is suppose to call me back...

6. DanKC

DanKC Member

Wonder if the adviser was new and mixing up CPO and ESA.

7. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

Most manufacturers offer different warranties for CPO vehicle than the new ones.

Some offer even better warranties for their CPO vehicles, and this gets them higher prices.