TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CPO Website Price Increases???

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Gwdlaw, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Gwdlaw

Gwdlaw Member

Have any members ever seen this??

At 0615 central time today I logged onto the Tesla CPO website and saw a nice P85 that I am interested in purchasing for $61,300. Since it was so early, i clicked on the request callback icon.

At 0720 central time i went back to the CPO website to show my wife the vehicle and the price had increased to $64,800!?!?!

What the hell?? Is this usual practice for Tesla? How can they list a vehicle for sale at one price and then less than an hour later jack up the price by $3500?

I also noticed that a number of other vehicle prices on the CPO site had increased from 0630. Are there actual people doing this or is there some matrix dictating the prices?

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Most of the cars that I have been watching have been going down and it's a computer that does it not a person.

3. olivia83

olivia83 New Member

Yep, I have seen them going up too

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Tesla must be expecting a bunch of Lease end's to be coming up and are looking to hold values above residual so they don't take a bath on the lease returns. ev-cpo logs the price changes if you have a paid subscription to the site, you can see how common it is that prices go up and down.

• Informative x 1
  5. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Some kind of algorithm to create dynamic pricing ?

6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.36.3.1

You can see all of the price history at teslainventory.com for free.

It looks like Tesla had a quirk in their CPO pricing and many of the CPO prices when up early on 4/17...and then went back down shortly afterwards.

7. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

You clicked on that car, Tesla registered the click, then jacked up the price accordingly as demand for the car was sensed. ;)

• Funny x 1