Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO-what issues/condition did your car arrive in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to place an order for CPO and the local gallery said the only complaints they have ever received was on CPO deliveries (this was an attempt to steer me to a new car purchase) I am wondering what experience people have had on CPO cars: It would be great to get feedback from people on the following items:
Paint and Body:
Wheels condition:
Tires and brake life:
Interior condition and wear:
Mechanical issues:

I know it is not a new car, but also know they refurbish a lot on these cars. If you have received a CPO car or in the process please update this thread with the above information.

I bought mine and 7 days later i was driving back from Colorado in it. It went way too fast, i got lucky and got a frontier flight from houston to denver for $24 and Tesla took me to the airport and picked me up. The whole process was surreal and I was never made to feel like i bought a used car!@

I put my deposit down 14 days ago.

Communication on the CPO advisor side has been extremely slow and almost non existent. I have emailed, called, texted to keep communication alive. I actually received photos today of the car and was told it is currently being serviced and reconditioned. Was told the windshield is being replaced, tires and wheels are being replaced, scratches and bumper nixes are being buffed out and or fixed completely.

So even though it is a stressful and long process seems like tesla is doing everything in their power to deliver me a car in the best possible condition. Seems like they will be spending a pretty penny on refurbishments between the 21 inch tires, windshield etc... I guess ill know for sure if that is the case in 3 weeks, which is when I was told car will be ready.

Cant wait, every day seems like a week waiting for the car!

I put my deposit down 14 days ago.

Communication on the CPO advisor side has been extremely slow and almost non existent. I have emailed, called, texted to keep communication alive. I actually received photos today of the car and was told it is currently being serviced and reconditioned. Was told the windshield is being replaced, tires and wheels are being replaced, scratches and bumper nixes are being buffed out and or fixed completely.

So even though it is a stressful and long process seems like tesla is doing everything in their power to deliver me a car in the best possible condition. Seems like they will be spending a pretty penny on refurbishments between the 21 inch tires, windshield etc... I guess ill know for sure if that is the case in 3 weeks, which is when I was told car will be ready.

Cant wait, every day seems like a week waiting for the car!
The only thing they missed on my car was the frunk crease, but when I arrived we walked it down and he pointed out that the windshield was scuffed, and would be replaced in Houston, which gave me a worry free cross country trek. I have read so many different stories. I think communication is key and I got really lucky.

You can search some of my threads. Bottom line: do a complete inspection and document any issues on a Due Bill. I had a number of issues. But they agreed to take care of everything. They had the car for about two weeks, but when I got it back, it was perfect. Don't be afraid to walk if they push back on any of the repairs. Don't settle for "it's a used car."

Reactions: RichardD
You can search some of my threads. Bottom line: do a complete inspection and document any issues on a Due Bill. I had a number of issues. But they agreed to take care of everything. They had the car for about two weeks, but when I got it back, it was perfect. Don't be afraid to walk if they push back on any of the repairs. Don't settle for "it's a used car."
did you pickup your car in van nuys or buena park?

It's been over five weeks for me with no delivery date. I was told new purchases should not expect a CPO delivery until as long as ten weeks (I assume that is in my area). They are still waiting on parts ordered for me. I am not expecting to get mine until another few weeks at least. I'm not very happy about it. If your CPO delivery person doesn't return your emails or calls, it's because they have nothing to tell you.

@Jaybird where is your CPO located? My advisor told me cars coming out of Fremont and the West Coast are seriously delayed. I put a deposit down a few days ago and was lucky to find one I wanted on the East Coast, which will be repaired and inspected in NJ. Don't have a delivery date yet but being told it should be quicker depending on what needs to be repaired.

Time will tell how true it is.....

@Jaybird where is your CPO located? My advisor told me cars coming out of Fremont and the West Coast are seriously delayed. I put a deposit down a few days ago and was lucky to find one I wanted on the East Coast, which will be repaired and inspected in NJ. Don't have a delivery date yet but being told it should be quicker depending on what needs to be repaired.

I think every situation is unique and therefore the time it takes to prepare the cars is unique. From all that I see though, Tesla is doing their best for all of us.“

It's been over five weeks for me with no delivery date. I was told new purchases should not expect a CPO delivery until as long as ten weeks (I assume that is in my area). They are still waiting on parts ordered for me. I am not expecting to get mine until another few weeks at least. I'm not very happy about it. If your CPO delivery person doesn't return your emails or calls, it's because they have nothing to tell you.
Update: Eight weeks now and still no idea when CPO will be ready.

@RichardD, from your avatar it looks like you work in the oil & gas industry. I'm curious how your co-workers reacted to you driving an EV as opposed to an ICE. I work in midstream here in Ohio and I haven't told anyone yet that I've ordered a Tesla. My line of reasoning, if I'm ever questioned, is that these coal burning power plants will eventually be Natural Gas burning, so I'm still supporting the industry.

@RichardD, from your avatar it looks like you work in the oil & gas industry. I'm curious how your co-workers reacted to you driving an EV as opposed to an ICE. I work in midstream here in Ohio and I haven't told anyone yet that I've ordered a Tesla. My line of reasoning, if I'm ever questioned, is that these coal burning power plants will eventually be Natural Gas burning, so I'm still supporting the industry.
Part of our business works in oil and gas and part of it works in renewable, so its a circle of life thing. Most people laugh at my license plate, as that was my intention.

Sorry to hear that. Are you at least being told what phase of the CPO the car is in?
Yes. The communication is good. The delays for the most part have been due to parts taking a while. It is the start of week 10 and I just got delivery. The Tesla people are all great. No game playing that I can detect. The car was in very good condition. How good is the CPO? I brought it to my mechanic and someone who worked at the shop asked if it was a new car because they could not easily tell. So I think that you can be fairly confident you will be happy once you get the car.