Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO with Cruise Control?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking at CPOs (85's) and a question came up in my mind....please excuse it if it seems obvious. I'm familiar with the fact that apparently late 2015 they started adding a Tech Package with Autopilot Convenience features. And then the Full Autopilot I believe later. In this is the T.A.C.C. and Lane Assist.
My question however is that in the Pre 2015's, say a 2013 or 2014 MS do these cars have a standard 'Cruise Control' or no Cruise. I know this is the T.A.C.C. In the autopilot models. I have a 180 mile minimum round trip commute and if I was to get a pre-autopilot MS I'd at least want Cruise at a minimum. Those drives can be grueling when your exhausted and cruise at a minimum is a godsend.....

As a Side note what is the range difference between a 70/70D/75/75D/85/85D, both S and P models? Any chart or spreadsheets?

Ski

Last edited:
@Saghost,

I was looking at the Wiki on year models and specs and I believe I saw mention on the earlier models of a 'Cruise Control' Stalk?

Ski

Yup. All Tesla Ss and Xs to date use Mercedes switchgear - which includes a Mercedes style cruise control stalk - a second stalk on the left side of the wheel, shorter that the turn signal one, which is pushed up to increase the speed, down to decrease it, away to disengage cruise control and towards to engage.

The increase and decrease actually have two detents - the first one goes one mph, the second snaps to the next 5 mph increment.

On AP cars, there's a knob on the end to set the following distance, a pull and hold snaps to the speed limit and a double pull engages AP.

Sometime in 2014? the position of the two stalks changed - on newer cars the CC stalk is below the turn signal stalk, on older cars it was above.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Yup. All Tesla Ss and Xs to date use Mercedes switchgear - which includes a Mercedes style cruise control stalk - a second stalk on the left side of the wheel, shorter that the turn signal one, which is pushed up to increase the speed, down to decrease it, away to disengage cruise control and towards to engage.

The increase and decrease actually have two detents - the first one goes one mph, the second snaps to the next 5 mph increment.

On AP cars, there's a knob on the end to set the following distance, a pull and hold snaps to the speed limit and a double pull engages AP.

Sometime in 2014? the position of the two stalks changed - on newer cars the CC stalk is below the turn signal stalk, on older cars it was above.

@Saghost,

Great informative info! Thanks.....:)

Ski